ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr T in Ramsey - upadte and more impressions

I saw Dr. T and I liked him because I felt like he was very thorough. Though I heard the secretary lying to people on the phone that he was not there and that there was an international call on the other line to get people off the phone.

I later called to ask about my test results etc., and she tried to book another appointment for me. I told her that I had clearly told him that the consultation was a sacrifice for me and my family, and that I would not be able to shell out any more money. She told me he was not in today and to call tomorrow.

I was told by others about this type of behavior in the office, but going there was my last hope, and I feel really disappointed. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, and will call again tomorrow.

Edited by Sheila Rogers
Toned the message down to meet Forum guidelines.

I'm sorry you had this experience. He was helpful to us in the beginning of our PANDAS journey (nearly 4 years ago) because he was willing to do a phone consult and help us out until we could see our local PANDAS doctor. Then last year, I consulted him again just to see if a fresh look at my daughter's case would bring about any new ideas or uncover immune issues that needed treatment. He ordered thousands of dollars in tests, but did not follow through on any of them. I bugged his office constantly, and they just simply didn't respond. I didn't have the money to spare either....

I'm sorry you had this experience. He was helpful to us in the beginning of our PANDAS journey (nearly 4 years ago) because he was willing to do a phone consult and help us out until we could see our local PANDAS doctor. Then last year, I consulted him again just to see if a fresh look at my daughter's case would bring about any new ideas or uncover immune issues that needed treatment. He ordered thousands of dollars in tests, but did not follow through on any of them. I bugged his office constantly, and they just simply didn't respond. I didn't have the money to spare either....

If you where following up the consultation order, then I would expect he is obligated by simple ethics to complete the visit even if he wasn't paid. I'm assuming you received a copy of your test results, have you tried sending him an email?

I need to follow up on this, to be fair. I called a few more times, and I was finally able to schedule a phone appointment with the doctor, and they told me I won't have to pay more. Apparently he had some family issues, and they're not lying about that. This is my last hope. The only thing any doctors have been able to find so far has been very elevated ASO at like 1600, elevated anti-dnase B, and very low vitamin D. He ordered SO MANY tests, and I am just praying he found something (not too serious). But I can't even begin to imagine what. I felt great yesterday with the sunny weather, and today, but this evening, it all came back. After two active days, I am exhausted, my ears and mastoids hurt, and I have neck stiffness and the meningitis feeling again. Please pray for me everyone. That they find something to fix, but something that's fixable.

He did the same thing with me. I was just dropped after 2 phone consultations.