ACN Latitudes Forums

Myco question

Hi everyone, whenever my son starts tic-ing (quite infrequently now fortunately) his blood work shows an infection (strep, coxsackie...) but it always shows high Mycoplasma. If I treat the other infections he gets back to normal. Could it be that his high Myco levels are now chronic and have no physical effect on him? Should I try to bombard him with antibiotics to kill it (did not work in the past) or just let it be? Thoughts?

If antibiotics didn't work for myco in the past, I would try something different.

Buhner's book on Healing Lyme Coinfections: Mycoplasma and Bartonella was a good choice for us. We are using the bartonella protocol, but it has many similarities to the mycoplasma protocol.

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Lyme-Disease-Coinfections-Complementary-ebook/dp/B00CWD7W2C/ref=la_B000APJOG6_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1400451231&sr=1-4

You can't really bombard these infections into submission. There will always be one bacterium left, and if the immune system isn't functioning adequately to keep it from multiplying, you will be back in trouble in no time.

Immune function, nutrition and the ability of the body to metabolize toxins from food, vaccines, and the environment as well as those produced by bacterial die-off are an important part of the equation as well.

Edited by rowingmom

Mycoplasma is very much like lyme. It has no cell wall so it acts like a virus, but yet it's a bacteria. This makes it very hard to get rid of. The fact that your child has Mycoplasma makes him succeptable to viruses, but the underlying condition is still Mycoplasma. It takes years of the correct treatment to rid the body of Myco. Usually only an LLMD can help you with this. It has taken combination antibiotics for 3 years before my daughters titers have decreased into the normal range. My son's titers have been back and forth over the past few years. This is a dangerous bug to mess around with. I would not ignore it. Get Bruhners book on Lyme Co-Infections. About half the book talks about Myco. Also, find a good physician who has a healthy knowledge about Co-Infections who can help you with this. Once you clear the Myco, the rest will clear also.

Dedee

I can't remember right away. I have the reports at home and will look them up. I just remember they were considered within the "normal" range by the lab standard. They have fluctuated some but for 6 months stayed in that normal range for may daughter.

My son however, his went to the normal range and stayed for a while but then he started to have anxiety so we re-tested and they had gone way up again. This was at the beginning of the school year. He was still on antibiotics at the time. We changed his antibiotics and had to eventually but him on an SSRI because his depression was so bad. He is doing better but his myco levels are still elevated.

Just as a side note, with both of mine, their IgG and IgM levels were elevated.

Dedee

Edited by dedee

My dd's levels have been very high since we started this but igg only. They doubled from November to feb when she had a huge spiral down. We ended up putting her on low dose zoloft and stopping all abx therapy in march. We just started 30 days of cipro to try to get at the myco. I definitely saw a bit if a herx. I will post if we have any success with cipro. I hypothesize that myco is a root of dd's psych issues

Edited by hopeny

Hopeny, I am sure you know, but make sure to increase magnesium supplementation while on Cipro

(2-3 hours away) when I was on fluoroquinolone antibiotics, I stayed very mellow (no exercise) and lots of magnesium.

I heard vitamin C, too.

After everything we've done for dd, we never had her Myco titers pulled until last week.

Waiting anxiously for the results.