ACN Latitudes Forums

a grocery cart only this forum would understand

after a hellacious 2 weeks -- ds9 has been in a good state of remission for 2 years, had a great year at school last year, had a really good fall, started falling apart this Feb when 2E issues were not being addressed - very up and down few months - finally began getting straightened out 3 weeks ago ; fell further last week with a misunderstood severe fight or flight reaction to a sensory overload in a classroom -- further exacerbated this week when school tried to force him back into class (and this is a school and staff that I love)

this week, integrative MD says believes rocky mountain spotted fever may be an issue,

wonderful psych has gotten school to see this through a different lens. now they get it that he fell off the radar because he was doing so well.

yesterday and today were okay at school. yesterday at home, I felt ds had fallen off a cliff when unable to do focus - on homework and more. he's okay today - I think he's in some form of PTSD. he seems good this afternoon.

had a marghertia at a favorite restaurant tonight then stopped at grocery store for quick run-in - getting orange and lime juice for margheritas at home.

with my 12 year old - he and I bought decadent brownies, then saw ben and jerry's on sale and got that. ( I know the whole diet issues - don't be worried - I got it handled)

good thing dh was driving!

please -- send good vibes for a good weekend and end of school for him! :)

I would love a margarita right about now. Can you tell me more about what your doc said about RMSF? Symptoms, treatment etc? Both my kids had mild IGG responses to testing for it. I theorize that it may have been from me, I have red spots on my outer palms, one of these days I will get myself tested. I have not ever found much on it more than CDC type summaries. Enjoy your boozin'!

This is how far gone I am:

I thought upon opening the thread you were going to talk about an infection picked up from the grocery store cart handle.

Ha!

Good vibes for a good school week-----

I remember one time when I think I had fielded maybe my 4th phone call for the week between the teacher, school psychologist. Now it was the principal. After he got done talking, the only thing I could think of to say was, "I need a drink". Now, one with any brain cells in their head would never utter such a statement to a principal. But I did. He agreed.