ACN Latitudes Forums

Yeast. Treatments

Dd10 has been on Nystatin for awhile. Slowly increasing. I didn't see too much of an improvement so I stopped and started GSE. Her tics really ramped up. I stopped GSE and restarted Nystatin ...more and faster. Tics almost gone but she can't deal with the side effects. What else are you using??

And her OCD has increased which was gone for a long time. She is also in Valtrex. Which I heard can stir up yeast. Do you stop viral treatment to treat yeast?

Edited by jenniferg

DD had a real ramp up of ticcing with GSE, perhaps because of it's action as a cytochrome P450 inhibitor, and the resulting increase in toxin load. She also showed increased ticcing with yeast infection.

I have been able to keep yeast at bay with 75 billion mixed probiotic cultures daily (we use a rotated combination of Culturelle, Align and RenNewLife Ultimate Flora) as well as cultured vegetables daily.

We haven't stopped herbal antimicrobial treatment. Although we are not specifically treating for viral infection, there is probably viral coverage in the herbs we are using. I just dose probiotics away from antimicrobials.

We are on a low sugar but not low carb diet. Our carbs come from fermented oatmeal, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash etc.