ACN Latitudes Forums

3 PANDAS kids, 2 different antibiotics?

I have 3 children. DD10 and DS6 (twins). The boys just got their tonsils out on April 15 AND HAVE A + HOME R/S! I am floored. They were on Augmentin and dd10 had a + r/s on it. Changed to Azith. (Or maybe vice versa). Sorry. It's been a long month. Anyway. She tested positive on both. So she was changed to Duricef. They seemed to be doing well for a few weeks. Then one son started complaining of headaches, bellyaches and kicked up anxiety. The other son's OCD kicked up. I just did a r/s and one is very + and the other is very faint. Dd10 is negative. When my daughter tested + last time and was put on Duricef, they switched the boys to Duricef.

Here is my question: can siblings that all have PANDAS do better on different abx? If it's group A...than why doesnt the same abx work? Am I asking that right???

*Brought them to Pedi today both R/S Pos. And send out cultures done. Alternative MD suggests adding Rifampin to Duricef. Pedi suggests changing to Augmentin. Any experience good?bad with Rifampin?

Edited by jenniferg