ACN Latitudes Forums

Our Milford Lab Lyme DNA test results

I don't want to be misleading because I don't have full confidence in any one test, however this new test is a PCR test that looks for DNA of Borrellia Bugdorferi and Miyamoti (sure I have butchered the spelling), two primary strains of Lyme. IMO the western blot and ELISA are not very useful tests.

After almost 2 years of treatment we have a negative test! Combined with the general lack of Lyme symptoms I feel that for the moment Lyme is not in the picture for us.

We opted to do this test instead of advanced labs because the cost is much lower and also because of the controversy surrounding advanced labs. I am not implying anything negative about advanced labs because I am hopeful that they will overcome the questions.

Milford underwent intense scrutiny by the CDC and apparently they were satisfied. Milford does not grow Bb so there is no chance of accidental contamination, they also use a technique that looks for minute amounts of Borrelia DNA as I understand it so its highly senstive.

I have not comfortably ruled out Bartonella though, because of the Galaxy lab test high cost and need to do 3 draws I have not done that test.

Our plan for the moment is to keep DD on very low dose Zoloft, re-test Millford at the end of the summer as we live in an endemic area, and continue monitoring ASO and Dnase and treat accordingly. Her Myco level has dropped to half of the crazy high February level, but is still double the normal range) so will continue to see if this goes down, or may treat with Cipro as nothing else has worked.

I hope this is helpful for people.

Thank you!

I wonder what the difference is between Milford PCR blood test and the Igenex PCR blood test-

PCR's are looking for the fragments, I bet they are similar?

My own Igenex Lyme blood PCR came back positive- but I don't think that many do-

It's so hard this path, treating these PANS kids, gosh I KNOW.

I'm glad your dd is doing better------

We also took a long break from treating infections, we just had to- hit a wall, after wall, after wall,

but recently decided to give it another try (and finally test for Myco P)

and see where it takes us- again-- over the summer-

Just spent $250. on supplements in anticipation-- lipo glutathione, milk thistle, etc.

Thank you!

I wonder what the difference is between Milford PCR blood test and the Igenex PCR blood test-

PCR's are looking for the fragments, I bet they are similar?

My own Igenex Lyme blood PCR came back positive- but I don't think that many do-

It's so hard this path, treating these PANS kids, gosh I KNOW.

I'm glad your dd is doing better------

We also took a long break from treating infections, we just had to- hit a wall, after wall, after wall,

but recently decided to give it another try (and finally test for Myco P)

and see where it takes us- again-- over the summer-

Just spent $250. on supplements in anticipation-- lipo glutathione, milk thistle, etc.

SSS I don't know the difference but might be worth calling Millford and asking....complication I just got second part of labs, DD came back IGG+ for Borrelia hermsii. I need to talk to LLD. She never had fever however he told me that it can cause psych symptoms which is why he was going to test for this. I will update on as our world turns when I speak with their office.

I definitely know individuals with Borrelia Hermsii both PANS and 'chronic lyme' individuals that are not positive for BB.....

To me, if feels "almost" like the same course of disease as Borrelia Burgdorferi. We have a cluster of individuals that are very sick around Monterey area of CA. One of the sick individuals I know believes it hits the Central Nervous System harder. I haven't researched it much so can not confirm the information.

I'll be interested in what your Dr. says about it.