ACN Latitudes Forums

Lauricidin/L Lysine

When you use Laricidn and/or L Lysine....does it work for behaviors also? My twin ds6 are on Acyclovir 400mg 2xd and when they aren't they have ADHD, anxiety and OCD. Do the naturals work for symptoms also or just prevention?

Thanks.

Jennifer, I can honestly say I don't know. We were in a critical state with one kiddo for a few years and did not know really. Many behavioral things...... ODD, sensory issues, anxiety, fears, ADHD, anger and communication issues.... many of the ASD or at least aspbergers symptoms....never did we realize it....or get a diagnosis...you name it and we had it. Just thought it was our kiddo being our kiddo. Never did we realize ASD or Pandas could be possible...we were ignorant just trying to juggle 3 kids under 3-4 yrs old. However when a known strep issue arose in the classroom for middle dd and she was diagnosed with a post strep tic... then oldest dd came down with huge anxiety post strep and EBV.......things started making sense......right after Zithromax.......and then especially after starting treatment and getting DAN doc on board. That said, I think the whole comprehensive approach is really the key to healing the body. The DAN doc really did everything.....all natural supplements and the behaviors have really waned......never really realized she had ADHD during homework....again we were ignorant.

I just think that everyone's journey is so different and everyone here has a lot of good ideas/info. But I don't feel there is one magic bullet if you will. The Lauricidin should help with future viral infections and help the immune system chill out......so it definitely could improve behaviors. We just chose the route of allowing someone else (DAN Doc) to target what he thought would be the best things to do. The improved behaviors were really a pleasant surprise afterwards since we really did not realize just how bad she was.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Could ever get lauricidin into my kids. But lysine is awesome for viral issues. Neither of my kids had Pans symptoms from virals. Only bacterial infections brought symptoms. But when my DD had EBV, it brought her back within weeks when other treatments (e.g. artimisinin) had failed utterly.

hi LLM. what do you mean when you say your DD didn't have pans symptoms from virals but lysine 'brought her back within weeks'?

ds12 is being treated for EBV with a homeopathic but he can't seem to fully kick it. he has a slight hum tic that I think is due to that. that really seems to be the only symptom we see.

I'm thinking of adding lysine. how much did you give your DD and for how long?

thanks!

Hey Smarty! I mean she had EBV symptoms - extreme lethargy, malaise, etc. She was on a medical 504 and only able to go to school half days, with a tutor coming for 1 hr in the afternoons. She took artimisinin for 8 weeks that did nothing for her. Then I tried l-lysine and within a week, she was noticeably better. Two weeks after that, she was back at school 6 hrs/day and 2 weeks after that, we dropped the 504 and she was back at school full days. But the EBV never gave her PANS symptoms, just the typical "mono" symptoms. Naysayers would argue that it was simply a matter of time, that she'd gotten better regardless of the lysine. But she'd been symptomatic and had positive blood work for 4 months without any improvement - only got worse. The lysine turned things around.

Lysine is my go-to viral now. It doesn't work on every virus. But when the kids start getting colds, I give it to them and we have a 50/50 chance of nipping it in the bud. Also works great on cold sores. For the EBV, I gave 500mg 2x/day for about 3 weeks. Then backed down to 1x/day for another 3 weeks. For cold symptoms, I give 500mg 2x/day at the onset.