ACN Latitudes Forums

"Natural" Antibiotics/Antivirals

We use Lauricidin as antiviral....heard coconut oil can do the same as it is a deriviative.....However both can cause loose BM's...so it is best to start slow. I don't think they have the same effect as regular abx, esp broad spectrum abx such as zithromax, as it pertains to killing good gut bacteria. Worst Pandas kiddo is on PenVK due to tics at strep exposure and really sensitive to strep when it is in the home or school. We continue with probiotics daily and only add sacchromyces boullardi when we have to use zithromax.

I am not sure how much it helps. I will say it...or the whole cocktail of natural stuff we do, this was the best year we had house wide pushing back on EBV, Strep, Myco and colds and all the behaviors. Additionally....... We do have a sick protocol when colds come with Zinc and Vit C and we(I) really see value in these cheap supplements when colds come. I personally kick colds in less than 2-3 days if I hit it early with Zinc anc Vit C. Kids also take vit A drops during the sick protocol.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps!!!!

We have used both olive leaf extract and monolaurin (the active ingredient in coconut oil without all the fat) as antibacterials/antivirals, but only as prophylactic measures, not as treatment. I'm not sure you could successfully ingest them in sufficient quantities to be effective treatment against infection or virus.

We didn't see any negative impacts on DS's gut, but then he did pretty well through treatment abx with sufficient probiotics and an occasional bentonite clay treatment. Things were a little rough at first (diarrhea), but his body seemed to regulate to the abx after a couple of weeks, and it went okay after that.

After using Buhner's bartonella protocol (houttuynia, sida acuta, japanese knotweed, garlic, ginger, curcumin) for approx 8 months, and then adding a combination cryptolepis/sida/alchornea tincture, DD started having reoccurrances of yeast infection.

Up until that point I had thought supplementing with fermented vegetables would be sufficient, but we ended up having to resume the probiotic supplements we used during abx treatment to get a handle on the yeast.

So yes, herbs can be very antibiotic in their actions. That's why we take them, right?