ACN Latitudes Forums
  • pandas-cover-cropped.pngYour Child Has Changed; Should You Consider PANDAS?

Have you seen our PANDAS eBook?  Our book is a helpful primer in a friendly question & answer format.  This eBook contains useful information to understand the symptoms of PANDAS, how it is diagnosed (including lab tests), the different types of treatments, approaches for prevention, and how to find the help and support that you need.  Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Learn more

Sign in to follow this  
FLmom

how do I request specific labs like Igenex?

The lab that we usually go to for blood work is Quest. They ran our Western Blot last year. I would like to call our integrative doctor and request Lyme testing through Igenex, co-infection testing and the Cunningham Panel. Would I still go to Quest for this? Is Igenex a lab that you go to for blood draws? I just looked up the Cunningham Panel and see that is through a different lab. So I'm just a little confused about the logistics of getting all this done.

Igenx has instructions on their site.

these are the steps: you can order their kit but your dr has to sign it. local place draws blood and you send the kit to Igenx by Fedex -- kit provides all packing and mailing material.

I just posted a link for a new Lyme test. Our lld has been using it. You may want to take a look at the link and also google it. It seems promising as more accurate than the western blot . I don't know for certain but it's something to consider

You don't need a doctor to order the kit - just call Igenex and ask them to send you the kit. Once you have the kit, there's a form inside that the doctor has to sign, and the results will be sent to the doctor.