ACN Latitudes Forums

New Lyme test

i looked at the test. it seems really different than anything that is available. now, the question is if it works.

The order says that patient needs to provide blood sample -- how did you do it exactly? did you go to a local lab? paid for blood to be drawn? mailed it by yourself?

if you don't mind, take me through the process, please.

thanks in advance.

My lld who is in Connecticut drew the sample. Apparently even the IDSA went to the lab to try to debunk the test and actually went away re-evaluating their position on the additional Lyme strains. The lab does not grow Bb or other borrelia so there is no possibility of contamination. My LLD did not recommend advanced labs due to the cost and controversy. I will post when I get the results

Flmom as far as I know it only looks for Borrelia. With the exception of Bartonella, I think most of the standard tests are adequate for the co-infections. I know that Bart is very difficult to test for. I know others have recommended Galaxy for Bart however I do not have anyone local to do the triple (3 day) draw.

DD had a massive horrendous flare in Jan following a sinus infection/pneumonia, has mostly recovered. Her Myco titers doubled from November to feb. I am trying to rule in or out Mycoplasma, Lyme and Bartonella as the route of her psych issues. Dnase was high in November but ASO and DNase normal in Feb so I have mentally ticked strep off for now. ASO has been normal for some time now. I expect results any day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopeny, have you heard anything on this yet?

I booked an appt. with my dd's LLMD for her, about 4 weeks out, and it's been at least a year since we've been there, going to have Myco P test done,

wondering about this test, I like the price.

Thanks--

Edited by sss

EAMom: From what I understand there is no way to test for B. Miyamotoi unless sample is sent to a research lab. B. Miyamotoi was found at Stanford Dish and Windy Hill.

However, it is my understanding Advanced Labs Culture picks up all spirochete in sample and "believe" there are 11 known strains of Borrellia perhaps this includes the Miyamotoi Sprirochete.