ACN Latitudes Forums

Yeast experts

CP, my sons D -lactate on metametrix urine was 0.9 and the number for D-Arabinitol (yeast/fungal) was 51. Do you have your son's #'s handy?

Also, did you see this from the link that Carolyn posted on the other thread?

D-Lactate elevation is an exception to the rule for probiotic potential just described. Lactobacillus acidophilus is widely

considered a favorable bacterium to colonize the human gut. It has beneficial effects in many individuals. However, if you have

any tendency for carbohydrate malabsorption, even favorable organisms (e.g., L. acidophilus) can grow so fast that your blood

becomes highly acidic due to the formation of D-Lactate. This condition is revealed by high D-Lactate in urine. Discontinuing

all probiotic intervention, while considering antibiotic therapy, may be warranted when D-Lactate is high. Special forms of

probiotic organisms that do not form D-Lactate may be used to avoid neurotoric effects of this lactic acid isomer

This also gives some good info

CDSA Genova

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:ncbPS...;cd=2&gl=us

Good overview

Gut Flora

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intestinal_flora

Thank you Kim for sharing your son's results.

His was D-Lacatate 0.5

Dihydroxyphenylpropionate 0.16 (with a greater then symbol in front of the zero)

and the D-Arabinitol 27.

Thanks for the links, most of the time I have a hard time understanding what the heck I'm reading.

C.P.

C.P.

Yes, you can get Klaire probiotics directly from Klaire yourself. You have to order over the telephone, not the internet though.

They ask for your doctor's name, and I just gave them Dr. McCandless as that's what she said to do to get the discount.

Shipping is free with Klaire if your purchase is over $75. They charge a $7.50 fee for the handling of probiotics. So it's best to

order multiple bottles at once.

Faith-you are so lucky to have Klaire probiotics right in your health food store. We have 3 small local health food stores in my city and none of them carry Klaire probiotics. Either does Whole Foods. They carry many other probiotic brands though.

Carolyn

Yup, that's us New Yawkers, we have a pizza place, chinese take-out, and a Home-Depot on every commercial block! ............ so Klaire Labs products in our local refridgerated section .........piece of cake!!

Faith

P.S. thanks for that suggestion re Sheila Rogers, I think I will try that. Will let you know.

CP, my sons D -lactate on metametrix urine was 0.9 and the number for D-Arabinitol (yeast/fungal) was 51. Do you have your son's #'s handy?

Also, did you see this from the link that Carolyn posted on the other thread?

D-Lactate elevation is an exception to the rule for probiotic potential just described. Lactobacillus acidophilus is widely

considered a favorable bacterium to colonize the human gut. It has beneficial effects in many individuals. However, if you have

any tendency for carbohydrate malabsorption, even favorable organisms (e.g., L. acidophilus) can grow so fast that your blood

becomes highly acidic due to the formation of D-Lactate. This condition is revealed by high D-Lactate in urine. Discontinuing

all probiotic intervention, while considering antibiotic therapy, may be warranted when D-Lactate is high. Special forms of

probiotic organisms that do not form D-Lactate may be used to avoid neurotoric effects of this lactic acid isomer

This also gives some good info

CDSA Genova

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:ncbPS...;cd=2&gl=us

Good overview

Gut Flora

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intestinal_flora

Hmmmm,

Kim, and others,

i am no brain surgeon, but i'll try to get across what I see here. We havn't had any of this test you talk about, and have no known issues of yeast, however his Alcat food sensitivity test did show a mild reaction to candida albicans, and so the rec was avoid brewers years, beet and cane sugar and mushrooms........And I just give the probiotic on my own, the naturo said it was okay, but did not give that as her protocol just yet.

Now..... when I read that part above about the lactic acid stuff, its just reminding me of something on my son's regualr blood chem workup. He showed his ANION GAP a little elevated and that seems to be what the naturo is working on. Interestingly, it has something to do with his blood/body being too acidic (I think not good) and she gave us this alkaline water he drinks with something called Pleo drops (one is lactic acid, one is citric acid and two others that I add to the water). Its supposed to balance his PH I think and bring that anion gap down. He also was given those B vits I spoke of, because, well here is quote from something I read:

common causes of an elevated Anion Gap include: (I'll just quote this one-it's from dr. kaslow's site)

- Lactic acid overproduction due to respiratory failure (the tissue has inadequate oxygen), genetic defects of enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism, nutritional deficiencies that impair the bodies ability to metabolize lactic acid (B vitamins, especially vitamin B1).

If anyone has their child's blood workup handy and the ANION GAP is mentioned, I'd be interested to know if it was out of range. I don't know what I'm getting at, but it could all be tied in---the yeast issues, this lactic acid and carbohydrate not being metabolized. I keep reading it all, but can't seem to put it all together. I knew I shouldn't have majored in underwater basketweaving!

Yeeks, if this means anything to anyone, well who knows...

Faith