ACN Latitudes Forums

Fever and hives?

Dd7 woke up this morning feeling itchy. After a shower she seemed to feel better and headed off to school fine. When I picked her up she told me an elaborate story about a kid in her class that had poison ivy. Then she asked me if she could catch poison ivy from someone. I told her she could not and she seemed relieved. As we got home she told me she felt itchy just talking about it. She was quieter than normal but other wise normal. I soon realized she was very itchy. I checked her and she was getting hives on her stomach, back, neck, and face. I took her temp. And she is running a temp. (100.3-101).

We gave her a Benadryl tab @6pm and I just had to give her another one as she has hives on the back of her knees & is not sleeping well. She is an allergy kid .... Both environmental & food. There is nothing new - no detergents or foods.?? She is PANDAS/Lyme/Bartonella. The fact that she has a fever has me wondering. Guess we are heading to the Dr. In the morning.

Anyone experience anything similiar? A little worried ....

Thanks for your reply. After speaking to Pediatrician, I am thinking the hives are an immune system response to a virus. She continues to run a low grade fever and we are dosing with Benadryl to keep hives/ itching at bay. If it continues I will take her in to see our Pediatrician tomorrow. We see Dr. B on Wednesday. She is suppose to have food allergy testing @ Dr. B's. Not sure if we will be able to have the testing done with the Benadryl in her system.? We already know she has food allergies but would like to have her testing updated.

Keep trying to tell ourselves that maybe her immune system is healing. This is the second time that she has run a fever since January. Before that it had been almost two years - since PANDAS onset that we had seen a fever.? Hopeful

teri, running a fever is a very good sign. after Ivig, my ds started running fevers for the first time in his life. I too hoped that this was a sign of a maturing immune system...since last june(ivig), my ds has made constant forward progression in healing....not perfect...(who wants perfect anway), but headed in that direction to being a well rounded crazy 8 year old...

Thx ...... I am pretty sure they were hives. They resolved after about 36 hours with round the clock Benadryl. Fever lasted about 48 hours. She just had labs drawn the day before the hives .... Interested to see what comes up!