ACN Latitudes Forums

Results of OAT test

DS has severe bacterial overgrowth and yeast. Dr. Bradstreet's opinion is that probiotics don't work in most. We have been giving 100bill CFU of Ther-biotic DETOX and 8 drops of GSE per day. Apparently these have done nothing :(

So he is putting DS on Nystatin and changing abx from Azith to Augmentin. He thinks the Augmentin will help kill some of the bacterial overgrowth. He also thinks that is what keeps Cole ticcing. Its the fact that his gut is all messed up.

He also wants us to try Bravo probiotic as well. its a yogurt that you make and it comes from Italy. I think its like $2,000. I will be in the poor house before all is said and done.

We are also starting homeopathy at the same time. I know that is probably nuts but since there are no interactions it can't hurt only help.

This afternoon i gave him his strep remedy and it really helped to calm all his tics down. It happened instantaneously too. i am somewhat in disbelief but I will give it more time to see how well it really works.

Dr. Bradstreet also mentioned a fecal transplant. oy vey.

We are GFCF, corn free and low sugar. Not sure how much I can cut carbs in a 6 year old. Hoping the abx and nystatin can do their thing. i can tell that the augmentin is working because after I give him a dose, his tics increase. I think its bacterial die off.

Has your DS been diagnosed with strep, or was the homeopathic strep remedy the one closest to a constitutional remedy? Sorry if I worded this incorrectly. I don't really understand homeopathic terms.

I have always associated DD's ticcing with bacterial die-off.

Ds has a constitutional remedy (californica butterfly) and 2 nosodes (strep and histamine). Cole was dx with PANDAS when he tested positive for strep and had elevated titres back in Nov 2013.

I think his big issue right now is the bad bacteria and yeast in his gut. we need to deal with that right now too. I know the augmentin is doing something because after give it to him, his tics increase.

Got to love this roller coaster.

Well, sounds like you already have a great diet in place :-)

And an excellent new Dr.

What did he say about doing homeopathy at the same time?

We tried constitutional homeopathy with one of the best, it wasn't our ticket and didn't work out.

Also tried CEASE homeopathy, no go.

However, it was before we found PANS and Lyme, too.

Hang in there!

The thing that makes me weary about Bravo is that its dairy based and DS has a dairy intolerance. Why would I give it to him? I would be more interested in the fecal transplant. Especially if they can sedate him. I would travel to FL where this doctor is performing it on children.

i do know that my doctor will buy the probiotic back from me if it doesn't work or if DS has a bad reaction. my friend IRL who has a PANDAS son and sees the same Dr. tried the Bravo on her son and it made him CRAZY. he sold it all back to Bradstreet. i just don't know what to do.

I know we have got to get his gut back to a healthy place. GAPS diet seems interesting but I swear to you I don't have the energy to put him on another diet. It took so long and was so hard to go GFCF corn free. And from what I am finding out ds is still getting corn that is hidden in ingredients that shouldn't even have corn. Its totally impossible to get rid of all the allergens.

I have found that my gut instinct often leads me in the right direction; after all we have first hand experience with how our kids react to things.

Would Bradstreet be OK with trying the fecal transplant first, and then if that doesn't work giving Bravo a try. And then if that doesn't work you can sell it back?

Edited by rowingmom

You may want to join the GCMAF fb site. When I was on the FB site there were some children that were having really great results or others not as much. The moderator, at the time (I am no longer part of the site), seemed to have doubts about the bravo being as effective as the gcmaf just because of lack of trials etc.

You have to sign up to join the site and then wait to be welcomed which took 3-5 days, I believe.

If you decide to do the bravo, many on this forum may benefit greatly from your experience. :)

Best healing wishes!

Edited by juliafaith