ACN Latitudes Forums

Cannaboid OIl-RESULTS!

<<What does the CBD Oil taste like? Is it a bad taste, or just "grassy," or what?>>

It smells like pot, I haven't tasted it, but many people mix it with applesauce, under tongue and OJ or water.

<<Putting it into capsules sounds like a good idea, but potentially time-consuming, too. So can you drop it into other things (like applesauce or on fruit and still get the benefits without having to put it in capsules or ruining the taste of the food?>>

Yes, people put it into food and it works. I make a bunch of capsules at a time (14) and store in the fridge. I spoke to the company and they said it's fine. Ds15 has restrictive eating issues and takes pills easily. I feel better knowing he got the same dose each time.

<<I checked out the Bluebird site, and it looks like it just comes in liquid form, with a dropper. Are there other forms of it available that anyone has used?>>

They also recommend vapor pens, but I didn't want to start anything related to smoking.

The only negative according to the company is that DS may not get the full dose because it goes into stomach, but so far so good. I can probably only get 30 drops in a capsule.

Another good day. He texted some friends who were girls to come visit and they came. He hasn't seen any girls since last year January.

Still a few obstacles. Not sleeping in his room and only showered once.

T.Anna

I would be curious to see if you would get a better response from oil made from Cannabis that is bred to have the higher CBD like the Charlotte's web that is being grown in Colorado. Hemp is in the same family as Marijuana but not the same. My father had Alzheimers and I finally got my mom to try the oil made from marijuana. He was angry all the time and started hitting and choking her, we feared for her life. I live in Oregon so we were able to get him a card and I grew some different strains. It was amazing the difference. When Dad started taking the oil it was night and day. He was calm, talking more, laughing and no anger issues. It does not taste pleasant so putting it in a capsule is good. It only takes a small amount. We would put it a small amount between two Junior mints to mask the flavor since my dad could not swallow pills.

He is continuing to push himself. Today he ordered underwear, pants, tshirts, socks and cargo shorts. He doesnt want to wear any of his old things and at almost 16 I doubt very much if anything he was wearing at 14 will still fit.

He is sleeping in his room again too (on an air mattress, but it's a step). Just hoping it continues.

T.Anna

I am so happy for you and your family to finally get some relief. If my son were in such a bad place I would try almost anything as well. I just have to chime in to others who are considering this. I would be very careful about trying this type of thing unless your child is home bound, or homeschooled, etc.... The school my son attends does drug screenings I believe they are testing the entire high school this year. They are testing by hair folicle once then random tests throughout the year. Drugs can stay in hair for a long time I believe. My son would be expelled if he tested positive, not to mention embarrassed. If this is legal in your state or by prescription I would make sure to cover all of my bases just in case something like this would arise, or if your children are old enough for a summer job that may do drug testing as well.

Please keep us updated though. Sounds very promising I just worry about other such consequences.

MissMom, the CBD oil is legal in all 50 states. There is less than 1% THC (so that it meets FDA regulations).

Drug tests look for the THC (what makes you high from MJ) which does remain in the system for days.

There should be NO "drug" issue at all.

I only respond because it really seems to help MANY people with PANDAS and OCD and has almost non-existent side effects (as opposed to SSRIs, CellCept, Steroids, Valtrex, Anti fungals and antibiotics).

So I would hate anyone to be scared off because they think they're child will be suspected of drug abuse.

If random testing is an issue, then contact www.bluebird-botanicals.com and ask them directly.

There is more information on drug testing here:

http://norml.org/legal/drug-testing/item/the-abcs-of-marijuana-and-drug-testing

T.Anna

So looking at Amazon and other sites, I see three types of hemp oil. One is just hemp oil that could be used like fish oil for essential fatty acids and costs about $15. The second is "mildly" enriched with CBD (about 100mg in the whole bottle) and costs about $40. The third is highly enriched (about 500 mg in a bottle) and costs over a hundred dollars. So I'm assuming that you are using the third type? How many drops are you starting out with? I'm thinking that if I wanted to try this with DS, I could start out with the $40 bottle and use slightly more drops to start?

We are using CBD Hemp Oil from Bluebird-botanicals.com. A 1 oz bottle costs $79. I piggybacked on the research of others who said that this was the highest concentration in a legal product 20%. I started with 25 drops in a capsule based in that site's FAQ. I'm putting it in capsules so it needs more to get into the body. On FB there are many starting lower. The company has a great customer service and will help guide you on dosing.

T.Anna

Found this great research on Cannaboid oil, that answered one of my concerns. I had heard a doctor say that those with high dopamine could become psychotic when using marijuana. (I realize the THC is taken out of the CBD oil, but I didn't know what exactly about marijuana was causing the problem.) My dd has high dopamine. Although this research is specifically about schizophrenia, it's the anti-anxiety part to help with OCD that I'm interested in. It says that it is the THC (that is NOT in CBD oil) that causes the problems. Here's a quote:

"The remaining 20 patients were given CBD, a substance found in marijuana that is considered responsible for the mellowing or anxiety-reducing effects. Unlike the main ingredient in marijuana, THC, which can trigger psychotic episodes and worsen schizophrenia, CBD has antipsychotic effects, according to prior research in both animals and humans."

This is the link:http://psychcentral.com/news/2012/06/07/marijuana-compound-may-beat-antipsychotics-at-treating-schizophrenia/39803.html

This sounds awesome - help without the side affects! Sadly, one of the last paragraphs sums up what is wrong with healthcare. Since CBD is a natural compound, it can't be patented - so the drug companies won't invest any research into it. "Researchers are working to develop synthetic versions..." They sure invest in trying to convince people that "natural" alternatives don't work, while trying to make synthetic versions they can make a fortune on!

I am interested to hear how your son is progressing. My son was in a similar state and i'd like to consider this for future.

Is your son on any other medications at the same time?

Do you know of any drug interactions that should be avoided?

Do you happen to know if we should remove the SSRI before administering this? It has helped with mood but not OCD.

I thought I'd ask in case you have already done this research. So glad for your success!!!!

T anna, how much does your son weigh (if I may ask)? We are going to try this to see if kiddo's normal voice could possibly return on it, or maybe we can get some reduction in anxiety at least. Kiddo has been whispering, frequently barely audibly, for almost 2.5 yearsb(since 3 months post onset). She says it hurts her ears to talk in a normal voice. I really miss being able to communicate with her easily, and her daddy can barely understand 10% of the time. Thanks.

Just an incidental note, I gave her the first dose earlier today. At the next dose, she out of the blue told me it made her feel better :blink: . I do not recall her ever telling me anything I have tried up to now made her feel better. Too soon to make a decission yet, but I am conservatively optomistic.