ACN Latitudes Forums

Help ACN Expose the Tourette Syndrome Association

We try to avoid too much controversy on the Forums--but that doesn't apply to my blog post :P

Please read our latest article that tells how the Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA) is ignoring the role of diet, the immune system, and the environment in tics and Tourettes. We need you to Comment on it. Then Share it!

Why the Tourette Syndrome Association Should Be Investigated: Part 1.

A key goal of ACN Latitudes is to move treatment and prevention of tics and Tourette syndrome forward. After more than 20 years of our efforts, it ain't happening at the mainstream level. Why? Because the Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA) has a monopoly on information that is made available to doctors and the media; the TSA is very, very powerful.

They are also WAY behind the times (and even negative!) when it comes to the role of diet, allergy, the immune system, and environmental issues in neurological conditions like Tourette syndrome.

Someone who recently attended a national TSA conference wrote in her comment to my article:

Having *just* returned from the TSA conference last week, I was disappointed to attend a panel discussion on Nutrition, Exercise and Coping. . . None of the panelists had tried a GF/CF diet, and one joked that he was going to try a diet of one food a week to see how that went.

We don't need panel "experts" joking about dietary approaches at a seminar that's supposed to help families.

We aren't going to give up. This is only part one of a series of blog posts and we want to make sure the real story is told and the TSA is investigated.

Please take a minute to share about the prevention and treatment of tics and Tourettes–and the role of the Tourette Syndrome Association. (Your email address will not be visible.) Comment here

Thanks so much for your support – and stay tuned for more on this important topic!

Click here to comment on the article and share it now!

Sheila