ACN Latitudes Forums

physical symptoms of strep?

I have another longer post that may come up before this one. I'd love any advice to either. My other one is longer so I'll keep this one shorter, with just on e question:

if a child (maybe mine) had strep that induced PANDAS (and it was mild), anyway, would that strep infection cause physical symptoms that mimic lyme disease?

new llmd is questioning the lyme dx given my son about a month and half ago.

based on his Igenex

IgM 41 IND

IgG 41 ++, and 39 IND

all other negative

she's thinking strep

but he has so many physical symptoms of lyme

fatigue, migrating joint pain, muscle pain, dark circles under eyes, headaches, stomach aches, dizziness, tingly hands and feet, weak muscles, hurting all over, not feeling "good", sore throat,

heart palpitation, gasp breath thing, neck pain, and foot pain (soles)

anxiety at times

can strep cause all of this too?

Thanks for any info!

here is a neither reasoning: cause might not matter since you might be dealing with an auto-immune reaction. What set it in motion, the initial infection, would show as igm. if it shows as igg, system is attacking itself. and so you'd need to focus not on the infection but on the reaction.

that does not mean not taking abx but taking them for prophylaxis, not to make matters even worse, and for other than anti-bacterial properties of abx. so treatment of the condition would be along the anti-inflammatory lines.

this is just a possibility, of course.

our kids, dd especially, has similar symptoms and similar igenx results

Edited by pr40