ACN Latitudes Forums

Is it safe to have IVIG treatment with missing vaccinations?

Before having IVIG, is it necessary that your child have all of their vaccinations? I know my son has not had his Hep B yet. I am going to take his shot card into the health department to find out if he is missing anymore. However, I would like to know what your doctors are recommending about vaccinations. I asked our last immunologist and he said to hold off on them but did not explain why. I know this can be a very controversial topic but I really need some advice if you feel comfortable sharing.Or you can PM if you like. If you have some research to pass along, I will gladly read it. I just don't want to get my son in trouble with the IVIG. If I need to hold off on doing the IVIG because of not having current vaccinations. I do understand that live virus vaccinations should not be given to a child with a comprimised immune system. Any advice or research articles would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Cara. I will see our doctor on Tuesday and ask him also. I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation with their ds or dd. Both of us really do need answers to this question. I do not have any plans to update vaccines until I get an answer.