ACN Latitudes Forums

Intrusive Thoughts

Hi All,

I am new to these Board and wondering if you all could help me.

My 15 year old son has probably had PANDAS for a while (significantly over the last year for sure). In the Fall, he was not diagnosed and kept having significant exacerbations.

Finally in January he was put on antibiotics and improved significantly. He has continued to have small exacerbations which are probably triggered by other things now.

We did an IVIG 10 days ago and hoping to see improvement over the next 12 weeks.

However, he has substantial intrusive thoughts (like a reel of past memories and thoughts) that were never present before. He also mouths his thoughts during an exacerbation.

Has IVIG helped substantially with these thoughts. I am worried that his circuitry has been damaged?

Also, did people have a sudden silently mouthing of thoughts during an exacerbation?

Any input would be appreciated!

Sincerely

CaliMom

• 5 weeks later...

I have a child who has and general anxiety disorder and another child who has PANDAS. My daughter with general anxiety disorder intrusive thoughts, racing thoughts and mouth her words. She was treated with prozac and and it stopped the symptoms. She said she feels so much better and can think straight without stress overwhelming her life.

My daughter with PANDAS had the IVIG and has had no symptoms for almost two years. It was fantastic we saw the best results around 6 month mark.