ACN Latitudes Forums

Doctors that do Yasko Protocol - Help!

Things were really bad this past week. My ds6's OCD was just through the roof. I was in tears this morning and can't bear to think that he's only 6 and things may get worse as he gets older.

I am desperate to find a doctor who follows the Yasko protocol who is willing to skype with me and just do long distance consultation in general. I feel I have exhausted my nearby resources here near Toronto, Ontario. A DAN doctor that I was working with (I probably am not allowed to mention her name) REALLY didn't work out for us. However, she did get us onto the 23andme site and I do have the results. It seems clear that my son has CBS problems, and has the compound heterozygous MTHFR mutation, as well as COMT issues. I know we need to prioritize CBS first, and from my readings, the first thing to do is to lower his sulfur content. This means staying away from sulfurous foods, and any supplements containing sulfur (glutathione, NAC, methionine, taurine, and cysteine), as well as Epsom Salt baths.

I could go on, and on, but I've read some posts from Sunshine about her child having CBS problems, and having a long-distance doctor that she consulted with who followed the Yasko protocol. What I really liked about the posts that I read, is that she (Sunshine) was able to "track" the progress of her child by the use of tests to keep the guessing game out. I don't know exactly what that would entail - my guess is urine sticks to track heavy metal excretion, and/or bloodwork to track a reduction on homocysteine levels.... But the point is it empowers parents to SEE what is happening and that's totally what I'm looking for.

Does anyone happen to know that name of Sunshine's doctor, or know of another Yasko doctor that can help us? (Also, I know that some people would rather keep their amazing doctors private so that they don't become inundated and start providing less than adequate service to existing clients - I feel this has happened with the doctor we were dealing with nearby - so please feel free to message me on this board. Or, I can give you my email address if you would like.)

Thank you. I'm not a religious person but lately I have been praying a lot.

• 1 month later...

Yasko offers some tests on her site: http://www.holisticheal.com/health-tests/all-health-tests

Dr. Nancy Mullen is connected with Yasko. We have not worked personally worked with her. This is her website: http://nancymullanmd.com/about/

Yasko's book explaining her program is available for free here: http://www.holisticheal.com/autism-pathways-to-recovery-book-and-workbook.html Notice it says you can download it for free under where it says it's out of stock. It's a LOT of information...

Has your son been tested for various infections? (Strep, mycoP, EBV, Lyme, yeast, other gut issues, etc.) If I understand correctly, it's the infections that can cause the gene snps to over or under express. (Not sure I said that right.) Might be faster to treat the infection while "fine tuning" the snps. (Anyone else have ideas about this? - Don't want to lead anyone in the wrong direction...)

• 9 months later...

You can email Dr. Yasko and someone will send you a link to upload your 23andme results for a do-it- yourself program. I did mine last week.I have not had time to read it all yet.

Wishing you the best. The Lord has been directing our steps, too. Praying helps:)