ACN Latitudes Forums

T/A update

Hello guys & gals. I have not been as active on this forum in terms of posting because our ds is doing so well. :D

I thought it was important to share just how well my ds has done since his T/A. I know that there is some controversy amongst the Pandas docs regarding the necessity of a T/A for our Pandas kids....

My ds had his out 12/30/13. I am stunned at how well he has done. To date, he has had 1 small flare about 4 weeks ago. To my amazement, the flare was minimal. The only symptom I saw were the hyper-motoric movements. Within 12 hours I did not mess around and I put him on full dose abx. Within 24 hours I saw the movements subside and he went back to his normal baseline. Remarkably, emotional volatility ALWAYS accompanied his flares. This time they never appeared.

What has really made my head spin is that since his t/a, my son has been self reporting that he feels better. I never told him that we were doing the t/a for his Pandas. I did not want to plant any seeds or cause any anxiety in him to perform. Since his surgery, for the 3rd time he has said this to me. "Mommy, ever since winter break, I can focus better in school and I can follow the rules better. I also like school again mommy". I responded, "Why do you think that is ds?". he replied, "I don't know, maybe because winter break was so long that I think I got all my energy out". I truly find this astonishing. I have also heard him refer to the timeframe "WHEN" he had Pandas.....as if he feels its gone. Interesting.

I have truly seen my child heal to another level. I do not think this is a coincidence.

Just wanted to share in case anybody is considering a T/A.