ACN Latitudes Forums

Naltrexone for Microglial

I had my phone consult with Dr.S-K. She was a bit put off that we started CellCept, but understood the reasoning. She recommended using low dose naltrexone (LDN) to help deactivate DS15's microglial. She said that if the highest activation is a 10 she would think that the DS's registers at 15. She also wants us to add Thisilyn (milk thistle) and Meriva (curcumin). We will wait another 3 weeks before adding the LDN (as long as Dr.T is ok with it too) and in the meantime, add the two supplements (2 pills each a day - one med at a time).

T.Anna

We tried LDN early on in my son's illness, and it did not do a thing, like so many things we've tried. I also think that its purpose is to stimulate the immune system, so I'm not sure it would be a good idea if you're trying to settle down the immune system at the same time with the Cellcept.

Curcumin is a great anti-inflammatory (ds was on it for several months early in treatment). It may be helping but you may not see it. You could do the tgf-beta1 blood test to check inflammation, although it can fluctuate day-to-day.

Have also heard that milk thistle is a great detox. With all the toxins in our environment, any detox is only going to help in the long run.

Our whole family is detoxing daily now and will probably be the rest of our lives.

Love these two additions that your doctor made. :)