ACN Latitudes Forums

!SEVERE DEPRESSION!

Check Amino Acids via Dr.'s Data or for Vitamin/Mineral deficiencies via SpectraCell.

She could be depleted in Tryptophan or something similar. Low Tryptophan can cause low Serotonin which will look like insomnia, anxiety, depression, low pain threshold, aggressive behavior, abnormal appetite or food cravings.

Maybe it's one of the ABX? My DS had very bad reactions (depression escalated, other PANS symptoms increased) when on Azith and Biaxin.

Has she always been on the 3 concurrently? I've read of others who had reactions to the bactrim, is it a sulphur based ABX? We haven't used it so I'm not very savvy about it. My DS has been depressed, seriously so, for over a year and I understand how scary it is.

What if it's side effects of the antibiotics? People really underestimate how powerful these drugs are and the side effect lists are very very long. I had a horrible time with flagyl which made me depressed and minocycline, and no I don't have lyme..... many people give flagyl an F rating online even my psychiatrist said it sent him to a bad place.

I've been on the patient side of things. Some medications are torture.

1. my dd8 just had depression on Rifampin to treat strep. She was otherwise totally PANDAS symptom free so the bouts of depression (a couple of hours starting about an hour after each dose she would get totally withdrawn and cry hysterically. couldn't articulate what was wrong) were very notable. She had been on Rifampin previously and we didn't recall a reaction, but she was in a mild flare back then so it's possible we just felt like it was part of the flare and didn't focus so much on it. While we weren't sure, we took her off (switched to Bactrim) and she hasn't had any repeated depression since so we are thinking it was, indeed, a side effect.