ACN Latitudes Forums

Attention Deficit Disorder Coping Tips

Hello forum members.....

Well I posted once on this forum and never get a chance to post again......but finally I have got another chance to visit this wonderful place. So I am going to post a this ADD coping tips. I hope it will be helpful and informative for the people who want to know about ADD. And additions always welcome to make this thread more interesting and informative.....thank you......

Daily Living

1. Often the most obvious is overlooked. If you or someone you know suspects ADD / ADHD, seek help. Ignorance is NOT always bliss!

2. Seek treatment solutions that work best for YOU. And support those others choose for themselves.

3. Continue your education about ADD / ADHD. Research continues daily. Keep up with the latest research, books, and

treatments; check out new workshops in your area, delve into new online resources, etc. Information can mean healing power.

4. Think: long-term and don’t be afraid of change. Since there is no cure for ADD, always be open and willing to try to modifying behaviors and managing other symptoms with revised aids. For example, get on a mailing list for Franklin Covey planning products. If your budget, circumstances and time allow, experiment with computerized organizational and planning tools, sync them with print versions. Remember Aesop’s, “Slow and steady wins the race.”

5. Network. Subscribe to healthcare association publications. Attend meetings and other events in your area. Meet people, compare coping strategies, learn about new products and services out there to help, make new friends, have fun. Don’t let ADD keep you down and out. Get involved and be supportive of others, too.

Coping Tips..

David.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

It has been so long I didn't post anything here on our forum and one more thing I would like to know ... is this forum active? well may be it is .....or may be has visitor who want information but don't want to participate ... anyway I came again with some very good information...

Some of the attention deficit disorder symptoms can be reduced using a combination of behavior and cognitive therapy. Emotional effects of the attention deficit disorder can be controlled with this behavior and cognitive therapy. Principally, there are four key issues involved in behavior modification programs:

Start with goals that the person can achieve in small steps.

Be as consistent as possible— with times of the day, days of the week, environment, and associated people.

David.