ACN Latitudes Forums

Mycoplasma P /From a tick?

Rachel

I have been researching Mycoplasma and I understand there are different forms of mycoplasma. Can mycoplasma P come from a tick bite? The first time myco P ever showed up in my son was after he had walking pneumonia. The antibodies also showed up high in his last testing. So I am assuming he has this form of Myco P from the pneumonia virus side. I don't want to confuse myself but would really like someone to clear up my confusion. Does this make sense?

I was also wondering if all forms of mycoplasma were treated with the same types of medications such as Bixan and Doxycyline.

I am beginning to see some improvement with my son on the Bixan. I usually have to give my son 10 grams of salt tablets through out the day along with his medications to help keep his blood pressures up. Since last Thursday, I am only have to give 3 grams of salt. I'll take this improvement and so will the cardiologist. His blood pressures are staying up. Which makes me wonder if these antibodies that showed up in the brain affected his heart. I am still waiting on a test from Dr. Cunningham about the antibodies and heart.

I am still giving my son 300 mg of GABA and 250mg of Taurine at night and first thing in the morning. I have been able to cut down my son's extended release clonidine to .2. I should be getting the True Calm in the mail today and will try giving it at night instead of the seperate GABA and Taurine.

Mycoplamsa is a bacteria that lacks a cell wall, is contagious and can also be transmitted by a tick. Pneumonia can be viral or bacterial based.... bacterial pneumonia's are often Chlamydia or Mycoplasma pneumonia. Chronic mycoplasma is typically treated with a combination of antibiotics.

Was your son ever bitten by a tick? Have you had him evaluated for Tick Borne Illnesses that includes co-infections. Low blood pressure is a fairly specific symptom of Babesia. Many children with PANS have Babesia as one of their co-infections. See below.

Symptoms

Symptoms of babesiosis are similar to those of Lyme disease but it more often starts with a high fever and chills. As the infection progresses, patients may develop fatigue, headache, drenching sweats, muscle aches, nausea, and vomiting. Babesiosis is often so mild it is not noticed but can be life-threatening to people with no spleen, the elderly, and people with weak immune systems. Complications include very low blood pressure, liver problems, severe hemolytic anemia (a breakdown of red blood cells), and kidney failure.

My son has had a few tick bites but never had any reactions. He was also checked through a couple different labs ( Lab Quest and Lab Corp) for Lyme and co infections. Two lyme test were negative and one lyme test was done at the same lab that checked for Myco P titers (which came back high out of range). My son never had the high fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, liver problems or hemolytic anemia.

A High mycoplama P titer showed up out of range 2months later after walking pneumonia. So I am just about to settle on the fact that my son has high Myco P antibodies in his body because of past infections. Myco P is what has shown up as high on all his testing. So I'm not sure if I need to chase down the Lyme or Co infections anymore.

From research, I'm also understanding the Myco P virus can cause other infections such as ear and sinus infections. My son had a lot of these when he was younger and was treated with antibiotics. If the antibotics don't get the infections cleared up then these things hid in the cell and keep reproducing themselves. I think this is what has happened because Myco P shows up in testing.

If treatment of mycoplasma does not provide the resolution of symptoms as hoped, definitely reconsider investigating Lyme further with an LLMD and specialized testing for Babesia.

All three of our children have Babesia none of them had the symptoms listed above either except low blood pressure and low range of normal red/white blood cell count. Like others, their predominate symptoms were/are low grade fevers in mornings or late afternoon, low blood pressure, occasional air hunger in older DS especially when playing sports, temperature intolerance and periodic night sweats. An example of temperature intolerance would be needing to pull covers off at bedtime or suddenly needing to take a jacket off when it is cold outside.

Sinus infections are also common with Lyme/Mold toxicity. MSH levels are low often due to toxins opening the door for MACRONS/'Staph' or other infections in nasal passage.

Here is some interesting information on mold. Again, you do not need to have all the symptoms listed to be affected.

http://www.royalrife.com/mold_toxins.pdf

I would recommend exploring lyme a little more. Igenex tests and reports more lyme specific bands. I resisted going down the lyme road. When I first came here right before my son was diagnosed with PANDAS 3.5 yrs ago, many recommended testing for lyme. I couldn't imagine why I should go down that road since my son had never knowingly been bitten by a tick. I also read frequently that if your child doesn't get better with PANDAS treatment, you should turn your attention to lyme. I ignored that very good advice. One year ago, I found a local doctor, not an LLMD, to treat my son after 2.5 years of treatment including IVIG twice and full dose augmentin for that period of time. She found ehrlichia and anaplasma through Quest testing and he's been treated for that for one year. He's much better.

Yesterday, I finally saw an LLMD for myself after suspicioning for two years that what was diagnosed 17 yrs ago as rheumatoid arthritis was actually lyme disease. Here's why: in 17yrs, I have no joint damage. My hands look exactly the same. Ever seen someone's hands who actually has RA? I have seronegative RA. Never had any of the typical labs abnormal for RA factor, ANA, sed rate, CRP. I have many symptoms of lyme and when I had to stop taking Plaquenil for my RA, my health went downhill fast. Plaquenil is used in treating lyme. I theorize it kept things at bay all those years. Right now, I am not well. Stiff, hurt, fatigue, brain fog, word recall issues, weight gain, etc.... I had Igenex testing and I have positive bands both IgM and IgG. I took my first dose of doxy this morning.

LLMD wants to see my son. He feels he also has lyme and probably bartonella from my description. He said most of the time when you have coinfections, you also have lyme. I have an Igenex kit he sent home so I can get my son tested through Igenex. It can't hurt and it might help.