ACN Latitudes Forums

Hey Lymies - anyone with shoulder pain?

@ 3bmom - There are two schools of thought on supplementation.

1) If the parasites (bacteria) require a nutrient does supplementing simply go straight to the infection and strengthen it;

2) or does supplementation allow your body access to nutrients that would otherwise be lost to parasitism and aid in healing. This would ultimately restore function lost to deficiency.

Many LLMD's suggest reducing nutrient intake in a bid to weaken bacteria. Ours however, said to supplement, especially magnesium.

And so does Buhner. He says that parasite's will keep depleating nutrients until you are no longer functional (or worse). They don't care if you are healthy, or sick and weakened by deficiency, they will continue to take until you grow cold. The point is to bring the immune system (I'm seriously thinking gut here) back to a point where your body can live in equilibrium with the parasites. You can't kill them all, so you might as well feed them, and yourself, and keep everyone happy.

DD doesn't take glucosamine because she doesn't have joint involvement, however I have been for a while and have noticed reduced joint pain (non-existant), however my joints have taken up cracking like crazy, especially my knees when I squat. So I'm not sure if it's actually helping, sounds funny though.

Supplementing magnesium has helped both of us and significantly decreased my heart palpitations. DD does wonderfully with epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate) to increase both magnesium and sulfate, however if you have a CBS mutation you might have problems with it. It wouldn't hurt to try and see what happens (I love experimenting on myself (n=1) - it's the only way to learn). And I'm not scared to do it (go low and slow), because there is no doctor out there who is going to tell me for sure what works for me. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

DD had a bad allergic reaction to bactrim (sulpha drug) but is fine with sulfate and other sulphers (garlic, cruciferous vegetables). Some people can't handle any of it.