ACN Latitudes Forums

Going to wean off the Risperdal

Hi all,

We have weaned our son off the evening dose, and are starting to wean him off the morning dose. So far yesterday was a good day, no change he still did well. My questions is about the Natural Calm. At this time we give him the supplement 3 times a day. One TSP in the morning, with calcium one TSP after school, with calcium and one TSP before bed with calcium, and the zinc.. I did it this way thinking he would benefit from it spread out. Do you think I should be giving him the Natural Calm (3 TSP) all at one time? Along with the calcium and zinc? I was wondering if this change would impact his weaning at all. (good or bad) What do you think?

And as Faith says, "Calling all angels" we need prayer.

Thanks guys, I hope to report really good news, and maybe a couple doubles on the baseball field. The boy will be pushing for a triple, but I don't think that will happen unless there is a few errors.

God Bless,

C.P.

Hi C.P.

I'd leave the Natural Calm, calcium, & zinc the way that you've been doing it since your son's doing well. Changing it to all at one time could likely change your results. I would think that most do better with lower doses more times a day, rather than one large dose a day. If you want to try it all at once, I'd wait until 2-3 weeks after your son is off Risperdal.

I'm glad that removing the Risperdal is working for your son. I'll be praying that he can get fully off the Risperdal w/out any troubles. I'm sure you already know this, but make sure that you go really slow when weaning him off the Risperdal. We gave it 2 weeks before lowering Risperdal each time.

Carolyn