ACN Latitudes Forums

After 2+ years .... A fever?

Teri

Hello folks,

Sitting here at home with my Dd7 who is home from school sick today (and yesterday). This is the first time in 2+ years that she has run a fever. The first one since the onset of PANDAS at 5. ??? Last week she woke up complaining that the roof of her mouth hurt. When I looked in her mouth she had an area in the back of her throat that was very red with small red dots. I posted asking for advice on what it might be. Some of you said yeast, Coxsaxies , irritation from coughing. I did not take her to Ped. For a culture bc she just had labs run the day before. Motrin seemed to help but she just wasn't herself. We have seen flares in tics and compulsions that was particularly bad on Sunday. Monday she woke up with a fever and very tight cough. I'm not sure but this could be a good thing.?

She has been moderately flaring since mid November. Labs since September 2013 have been pretty stable with a slow creeping of the Mycoplasma numbers - which has our PANDAS Dr. perplexed I think.

She is scheduled to have allergy testing at our next appt. next week. She had allergy testing at 3 and is allergic to many things including grasses, pollen, cats, nuts/tree nuts, medications etc... So we pretty much know what the results will be.

Not sure if I should take her to see her Ped. Or not? Pediatrician is PANDAS friendly.

Teri

I would be on my way to your pedi. Is she taking any antibiotics at all either prophylactic or treatment dose? I always take my son to the clinic immediately with fever. Don't want to take any chances. I don't go running to our pandas doc unless it gets bad but an urgent care clinic will usually give me a ten day course of a different abx. My son takes augmentin so if he has a fever it is usually something that has broken through the augmentin.

Thx for the reply miss mom! Day 4 and she is still running a low grade fever with chest and head congestion. I took her to the Ped. yesterday. She is currently on a cocktail of 3 abx ( Cefdinir, Rifampin, & Cipro). Ped. Is concerned that she has a possible sinus infection. She is thinking that if we get to day 5 & she still has a fever - she needs a med. change bc what she is on May not be covering sinus infection . She wanted me to contact PANDAS Dr. To let him know what is going on.

So frustrated .... As I emailed the Pandas dr. Via email. The response wasn't helpful - granted it was from one of the Nurses. I was told Dr. can't evaluate from pictures, email, and any med. changes have to wait until our next appointment on 2/26 at our next appointment. Dd7 has been out of school all week.

Pediatrician is looking for recommendations from Pandas Dr. - who won't give any. I'm kind of pissed. I am praying the fever goes away today so I don't have to deal with what to do next. Also concerned about this fever that is hanging on. The more she stays out of school .... The more she doesn't want to go back.

Worried ,

Teri

Sinus infections are the main things that break through my sons augmentin. He had sinus infection just over a week ago. We got a z PAC from local clinic. All seems ok now. Back on the augmentin we start this weekend. Sorry you are going through all of this. Let s know if the fever gets better. If not then I would def. call your pedi back and beg for something else.