ACN Latitudes Forums

EBV and HHV6 - anything we can do about it?

We have a loong loong story behind us.

2 IVIG's with no sucsess.

few days ago we dicovered he has EBV and HHV 6 titers. he also get a very strange kind of rash on his back. The docotrs here in our country told us it's vasculities, but they are not shure at all. and this time I noticed that after that rash showes the symproms get much worse. I'we read that EBV can cause this.

I know that EBV is here for a lifetime, but I'm thinking if his immunesystem is strong engough maybe the virus can ''sleep'' and not disturb - not cause a flare.

So, I need a good something to make his system stronger in fighting with EBV and HHV6.

Any help is appreciated.

You need something to build up his immune system. My son takes vitamin C and fish oil. Has your doctor suggested anything specific? The HHV 6 was also showed up in my son's testing along with Myco P. My son has just started on a new antibiotic. My son's doctor also ran a test that checked on vitamin defiencies which would help you determine nutritional needs.

Antibiotics will not help HHV-6 or EBV since it is viral. I believe herbs should always be a first choice but we had HHV-6 so high unfortunately it didn't help or maybe just not quick enough since we were in crisis with hospitalization.

Valacyclovir which is an antiviral would of kept us out of the hospital and we had improvement in less than 36 hours. We had eating and behavior issues that quickly dissipated. He still takes 1G 3x/day. He has been on that dose since 11, 2 years. His titers went from 16x higher to normal.

Our Dr said this virus is usually dormant within us and is activated by a dysfunctional immune system. I have done extensive research into chemicals and pesticides, along with genetically altered food in our food system and abroad.

Go organic and stay away from American fast food.

Rowing mom has excellent advice under another recent post about the gut and behavior.

On an interesting note I just had shingles in January which is a sign of a very low functioning immune system. My Dr gave me same dose of Valcyclovir as my DS. I was taking it but the rash continued to spread so I combined it with my chinese herbs and it stopped in its tracks with no blistering. The best benefit...my foggy brain is clear!

On an interesting note I just had shingles in January which is a sign of a very low functioning immune system. My Dr gave me same dose of Valcyclovir as my DS. I was taking it but the rash continued to spread so I combined it with my chinese herbs and it stopped in its tracks with no blistering. The best benefit...my foggy brain is clear!

@ 3bmom - Curious as to which Chinese herbs helped your shingles. Thanks

When EBv and HHV6 were discovered he was at the hospital because he went from 20% to 150% ticcing in 2 days. BUT, our doctors said that he don't need any treatment at all.he also said that he does not belive in pandas at all, and that he would stick to TS experts 8and there are NO ts experts in our country) at all.

So, You be clever.

I'm so sorry. It's a heavy burden to know that you alone are responsible for your child's care. Do you have any naturopathic doctors or herbalists that you can seek help from?

Mainstream medicine let us down in a big way, and I will no longer search there for answers.

I am so sorry they are not supporting you. I think this is all so new, as in last 20 years since food became altered that Drs can't think out of the box or are even curious. The hospital didn't help us either, not even blood work to prove me wrong and it was the same hospital that 6 years earlier video taped him for learning purposes and were amazed that an antibiotic for an ear infection made severe OCD disappear in a week!

I was lucky to have an earlier pediatrician put him on a steroid till I found his present Dr.. Valacyclovir isn't a potent drug and is used here widely for cold sores on the mouth, genital herpes, and shingles. I have always wondered about any relation to the chicken pox vaccine and HHV-6. If I was a Dr I wold be so curious just to see "What If".

I agree with Rowingmom to get Buhners book. Also a post to asking what others have used for an anti-viral, dose, weight and reactions. I think grapefruit seed extract and oregonal are beneficial. I have recently met an alternative massage person who uses essential oils along the spine to absorb into the body. It is called Raindrop Therapy. Our skin is our biggest organ so the fact you have a rash present means the body is overloaded and trying to expel toxins, virus, bacteria etc.

Another thought from a completely different angle. My DS second flare at age 9 was just severe tics to the point he stopped talking for 6 weeks. My Dr at the time did the wrong blood work and than told me I was beyond their scope, and savvy enough to figure it out. Out of desperation I took him to an OCD therapist and found out the majority of tics were actually compulsions. There was an irrational thought process behind them even though it didn't present to me like that and he wasn't able to articulate it. With her expertise he was changing his behavior patterns/tics and started talking quickly after.

I would also go off of Dairy, we are ok with goat, gluten, soy and corn. They are all inflammatory and each layer you remove should get you some improvement.

I send you hugs and hang in there.