ACN Latitudes Forums

Singing tic?

Lee101

Hi everyone.

I haven't posted for a while as things have been moderately ok. However for nearly 3 weeks now my DD10 has been either humming or singing every night in bed. It's not always the same song but she defiantly has to do it, it keeps my other daughter awake, we are having to put her in another room to sleep.

She has had humming tics in the past and am wondering if this could be a new tic? I think it is a tic but the fact that she sings/ hums different songs confuses me.?

There are assorted supplements that can help with the OCD side, which is often related to too low serotonin levels.

Inositol is a B vitamin that many find helpful, especially for younger kids with still developing brains

5HTP OR Tryptophan are used by many for OCD but they are a bit more potent and best only added under physician supervision

There are other supps like St John's Wort etc that can also be helpful

We found that different supplements helped best at different stages, depending on the severity of the OCD symptoms, and that including CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) really is best.

Unfortunately, the prescribed meds for OCD (SSRIs) come with a whole heap of potentially adverse side effects!