ACN Latitudes Forums

LLM-23&Me results

peglem

I hate to ask, because seems like you are a bit hounded...but, my understanding of the heartfixer stuff is going so slow. So I would appreciate so much if you could sort of give me your take on this:

Here are your homozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):

• MAO-A R297R
  • MTRR A664A
  • BHMT-08
  • CBS A360A

Here are your heterozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):

• COMT V158M
  • COMT H62H
  • VDR Bsm
  • VDR Taq
  • MTR A2756G
  • MTRR A66G
  • BHMT-02

She is also compound heterozygous for MTHFR. We found that out before doing 23&me, and had some measure of success w/ Deplin, P5P, and methylfolate (really great at first).

Thanks, if you get a chance.

I JUST ordered the kit and I'm going to have ds tested. I am scared to find out things that maybe would be better off not knowing but I need to take a deeper dive into the Methylation issue. We know he is a poor Methylator so I feel determined to address it properly and not just throw methyl B's at him. Those really aren't working anyway .

My question is: Wasnt' there a cimputer program that you upl oad your 23&Me results into and the program explains in layman's terms what is needed to get the Cogs turning (so to speak)?

does this still exist?

My posted results are the ones I got running it through Genetic Genie. Then if you go to the heartfixer site: http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm

it gives you a whole lot of information about each kind of mutation and treatment suggestions, etc. Its just so very complicated and what they suggest for one mutation might be contraindicated for another mutation and I get bogged down in the acronyms....

And if you do 23&Me right now, I think the FDA has made it so they can no longer give you health risk assessments- so you'd get the raw data to run through apps like genetic genie, but not the 23&me analysis of your risk for developing say, alzheimers disease. I found 23&Me's analysis pretty useless anyway.

Edited by peglem

Hey Peglem! I just got in from work (new job which is great for replenishing the $$$$ we've spent on medical and my being "underemployed" for 3 yrs while fighting DS's lyme - but adds a whole new wrinkle to juggling things!). Picking up the kids in a bit, but will be happy to give this some thought over the weekend. In the meantime, can you PM me DDs behavioral hurdles? I know a bit about her background but not sure which issues are front and center at the moment. Also, PM me what she's taking medication and supplement-wise, plus your email if you don't mind, so I can send you a "customized" heartfixer doc.

Hey Peglem! I just got in from work (new job which is great for replenishing the $$$$ we've spent on medical and my being "underemployed" for 3 yrs while fighting DS's lyme - but adds a whole new wrinkle to juggling things!). Picking up the kids in a bit, but will be happy to give this some thought over the weekend. In the meantime, can you PM me DDs behavioral hurdles? I know a bit about her background but not sure which issues are front and center at the moment. Also, PM me what she's taking medication and supplement-wise, plus your email if you don't mind, so I can send you a "customized" heartfixer doc.

Will do. Thank you so much!