ACN Latitudes Forums

Tetanus Shot

I'm due for a Tetanus shot in May. My doctor said that he's not aware of a Tetanus shot without mercury. He said we have 2 options with this: either draw titers which the insurance will likely not cover or just get the tetanus shot. He said even if I get titers drawn, and I'm immuned to it eventually I won't be and will need the shot. He said to do the shot when I'll have 3 days to do chelation right afterwards. He didn't give me the third option of not getting the shot.

Are there for sure no mercury free Tetanus shots? What about in Iowa? Isn't mercury banned in vaccines there? Any suggestions here?

Carolyn

My youngest son was due for a diphteria and tetanus shot over six months ago. I'm so scared of shots that I didn't go. The nurse called me and I said I would have to consult with a physician. I didn't. They seem to forget about us.

I assumed the shots were bad especially if we knew there were some issues with body's detoxification (isnt't that why you needed chelation).

My three sons (14, 12 and 5) had had all the due shots up to a year and a half ago when Staś' tics started (at least when we noticed them). This whole vaccination issue is something I don't have a clear opinion on, yet. The only thing that I can say is that I am afraid to have them have any more shots, although fear is not a very reasonable advise.

We've had comparatively many cases of sepsis recently. It's a kind of histeria here. And again new shots are strongly recommended and advertised (against pneumococs?).

I'm sorry Caroline that I am using your thread although I have no answer to your question but I was intrigued by it because I can see I wrongly assumed that you all don't vaccinate any more.

Carolyn

why do you need the tetanus shot?

honestly, unless it is needed because of potential exposure then I wouldnt have it (ie if it is just routine)

my son had his last tetanus booster on entering middle school and I know it was not good for him and will not do it again

Irena, many here do not vaccinate anymore...did you read that article on vaccines/ASD that I posted yesterday

It is a difficult issue but I personally will not go near anymore vaccinations...neither for my family or our pets, It isnt just the mercury/aluminum etc that bothers me...it is the actual vaccination process that I feel is still seriously flawed

I guess it is easier for me at this point as my kids are grown up now and no vaccines are mandated for them

Obviously this is a case of each person deciding for themself which danger is greatest...the potential of the disease or the toxins in the vaccine

Chemar,

I just need the tetanus shot as a routine booster. I most likely won't get the booster as I'm afraid what I've gained from chelation will all be gone. Just needed some insight from you guys. Thanks.

Carolyn

Hi all,

Oh my, is a tetanus shot something we will have to deal with in a few years? What is that for? If it definitely contains mercury, thats a no brainer for me. Is is required at a certain age?

Also, recently while at the naturopath's office, I overheard someone asking about the vaccine talked about for the girls to prevent cervical cancer, and the naturo told them, no, it wasn't a good idea and did NOT recommend it.

While on the subject, another thing I am curious about. Does anyone know, (any nurses out there?) if a TB test could cause any problems? I'm almost afraid to find out. When I was pregnant, I got a job in a hospital for a few months and they required a TB test (tuberculosis) in order for me to work there. My OB/Gyn said it was okay... (but what of that? he he).

Faith

Tetanus is for a bacteria that could get inside if a deep puncture occurs. They gave me my last tetanus shot which was just about 10 years ago early because I got bit by one of our cat's. Tetanus is given every 10 years.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I'm glad you came to that conclusion. You have worked so hard, the risk of any adverse effects (vs. possible protection especially from tetanus) seems unjustified to me.

Here's a little info from a previous thread, for any one else trying to make these decisions.

This will show you your options as far as tetanus goes

http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm

Package insert from TD vax. states

http://www.vaccineshoppe.com/US_PDF/271-83_4152_4153.pdf

560 cases reported in 1947

CDC says

http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/fs/gen/WhatIfStop.htm

Tetanus is a severe, often fatal disease. The bacteria that cause tetanus are widely distributed in soil and street dust, are found in the waste of many animals, and are very resistant to heat and germ-killing cleaners.From 1922-1926, there were an estimated 1,314 cases of tetanus per year in the U.S. In the late 1940's, the tetanus vaccine was introduced, and tetanus became a disease that was officially counted and tracked by public health officials. In 2000, only 41 cases of tetanus were reported in the U.S.

So the incidence had fallen by more than 1/2 prior to the use of the vaccince? Maybe due to better wound care? That fact, seems to be overlooked in the CDC statement. Why quote #'s from 1922-1926 instead of using the #'s from 1947? Perhaps they don't want you to realize that the incidence had fallen so far, prior to the vax?

Their #'s seem to leave out some important facts quite often.

and

33 percent of reported cases of tetanus occurred among persons 60 years of age or older and 60 percent occurred in patients greater than 40 years of age. The National Health Interview Survey found that in 1995, only 36 percent of adults 65 or older had received a tetanus vaccination during the preceding 10 years.

If only 36% of adults 65 or older had received a tetanus vax....seems like we should be seeing a lot more older folks keeling over from all of that dangerous street dust???