ACN Latitudes Forums

Is there/could there be a list of supplements/alternative/naturopathic

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there was a list of supplements or naturopathic treatments that people have used, whether with success or without. I've seen many discussions and signature lines with all the stuff people use and it's hard to keep track of them all. A comprehensive listing would be helpful. For example, what is NAC and how it is helpful? (I'm going to Google that now).

I just put my DS9 (at 60lbs) on magnesium glycinate supplements (120mg), omega 3's (672 mg EPA to 168 mg DHA) and he's on probiotics. That's about it. Also thinking about going gluten free.

Thanks for reading! :)

A comprehensive list would be helpful. Just remember, what works for one child could be detrimental for another. It is trial and error unfortunately. I know that when starting down the path 2 years ago, I was overwhelmed with where to start from a supplement point of view...perhaps someone in this forum would be up to the challenge of putting one together?

Omega 3s, probiotics, detox (ds does chlorella & chia), gluten free, organic. These are the main parts of all of my families's health now (not just PANS son). Other supplements and prescriptions change as needed.

We make sure to buy quality products so we do not introduce more toxins which can be challenging. Our local VitaminLife store has excellent workers who really know the quality of different brands of supplements (and even have free seminars on many topics discussed on this forum). They are on the web and maybe national?

Edited by juliafaith

My to-do list includes making a health 'booklet' taking everything I have learned in the last 3+ years. This would be something my family would hopefully use for continued wellness. If I ever get to it, will share with anyone on this forum, with a disclaimer that I am not a doctor. ;-)

My PANDAS son is currently taking:

• 2 Vayarin daily
  • 100mg 5-HTP
  • 500 mg Vitamin C (Ester-C)
  • probiotics (he's not on antibiotics)

Vayarin is a "clinical dietary ADHD management approach, available by prescription only." They call it a "medical food". My doctor said it might take as long as a month to kick in but I'm seeing positive, noticeable results after just 8 days. The other pills I'd started in early Jan (except the probiotics) and I saw an improvement with those as well.

Vayarin: Interesting. I have had my non-pandas son on 5htp and the results have been rather amazing for him. 5 days ago, I added Omega3/Vit D to his supplement regime. While the ALA that is also in this supplement cause big tics in his Pandas brother, I have noticed a higher level of calm, lack of impulsive behavior, and even happier. I thought I was just imagining the positive change in him and truly did not attribute it to the Omega 3...perhaps it is making a difference in him. He is not off the wall adhd, so maybe the omega 3 supplement is enough for him.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by qannie47

Interesting, I have tried 5-HTP with my PANDAS son (he tested low for seratonin) and it made his tics so much worse. Proof that what works for some doesn't work for others. As far as NAC goes, I believe it helps my son detox. I give him 1200mgs daily (since May) and it helps to increase glutathione levels which is what your body uses to detox. He has taken it consistently since May and during the periods when he is barely even ticcing so I know its not contributing to his tics.

We also give my PANDAS son:

Glutamine

Probiotics - Ther Biotic Detox (50bill CFU)

Grapefruit Seed extract (8 drops/day) -to manage yeast but may switch to Nystain (not sure yet)

Cook with lots of Turmeric

and he is on 75mgs of Azithro/day