ACN Latitudes Forums

llmd pedi new

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site also new to lyme. My daughter Faith who is ten years old tested positive five weeks ago for lyme. she was perscribed amoxicillin 250mg 3 times a days for 21 days by a llmd also put on numerous vits suppplements and herbs. She has had a awful time with breathing problems, headaches, swollen feet etc.... I'm looking for a llmd pedi but, I not sure of what protocol to follow. Dr. Burranscano Dr. Cowden Dr. klinghardt ? Please let me know your thoughts! We need to make a decision so my daughter can start healing.

Penny

Oh thanks so much for responding everyone I feel a little alone dealing with this! She was tested by IGenex Igm Western Blot 95% positive. She was also tested weeks later for co-infections that one turned out negative. I think she was ifected three years at least. she has had a headache for over year and half. We are located in Wheaton, IL.. My email is apennysaved2006@yahoo.com we will travel.. She is getting worse instead of better this is so very scary.

Thank you,

Penny

Don't have time to post much today, but I will try and email you during the week. I recommend searching out a local lyme group and familiarizing yourself with lyme and co-infections. It will seem overwhelming at first. Lyme (and co's) are so complicated and unfortunately testing stinks! Lyme goes into different forms and usually needs more than one antibiotic to treat it (unless its a new tick bite). Negative co-infection results don't always mean its not there. We are negative for bartonella through Igenex, positive through another lab. Does the breathing issue seem like air hunger symptoms? Air hunger is a symptom of Babesia, which requires a medicine besides antibiotics. Anyway, I'll reach out to you soon.

btw- her getting worse could be herxing - very common in starting new antibiotic.

Edited by philamom

I would second what Philamom recommends. If you contact ilads.org they can give you a closer referral. We live in NJ but see an LLD in Connecticut.

I'm not a doctor but personally I would not be starting Tindamax at this stage. IMO (again I'm not a dr) an old case that has barely been treated is not in a good position for Tindamax. Tindamax is thought to address the cystic form of Lyme, however many have posted that it can cause a serious regression as too much bacterial load hits the system. If you are just starting treatment then there is a likely high bacterial load. Amoxicillin did very little for us. In regards to protocol, this is best to let an LLMD guide you who can address what would work best in your case. There are pros and cons of each treatment method, we have used a mix. I don't think there is any one protocol that is a be all end all. Richard Horowitz has a new book out Why Can't I get Better which might be helpful for you. I wish you all the best.