ACN Latitudes Forums

I know that mycoP is hard to irradicate, but has anyone seen any improvements in behaviors very soon after starting treatment, or do we have to wait, wait, wait for any relief of these symptoms?

She's on Doxy for mycoP and Nystatin for gut stuff. (Also some herbals for viral issues.) Being PANDAS, I'm sure there is more lurking in there, but this is what we're working on now.

Just curious if anyone saw some relief from anxiety, intrusive thoughts or OCD quickly after beginning treatment. We need a little hope here!

We found improvement when put on the antibiotic for myco. His titers have been very slow to come down so don't know if antibiotic is addressing something else. Before our Dr uses antibiotics you have to change diet. The diet is very important because of the immune systems inflammatory response to the multitude of changes made to our food in the last 25 years. I have see that if you don't change the diet you can cancel out the gains. We are GMO free, dairy, gluten, corn and soy.

My son got much better when we started combo antibiotics. We started minocycline and rifampin and he started getting much better in about 2 weeks. Had an initial herx reaction then the improvement. Mino is much better than doxy because Mino crosses the blood brain barrier. You will get more of a herx with mino too though so it is suggested to start out slower and work up. Also, if this is chronic Mycoplasma you most certainly will need a combination of antibiotics to make headway. It's a real b**** of a bug. Best of luck.

Dedee

• 6 months later...

We started on 250 azith last fall for high myco p (iGG over 2300). We saw good initial results in terms of our major issue, intrusive thoughts. We had a few minor flares along the way, but nothing like initial onset. However, last month, we had a major flare that would compare to initial onset. The pediatrician suggested stopping azith and double down on probiotics. He also gave us a script for 10mg prozac. The following week, the immunologist suggested we up dosage of azith to 375mg since it had brought the myco p down over the prev few months. We decided to do so because of the initial success with abx in the fall, but after two weeks on the increased azith and prozac, we have hit a flare from and the intrusive thoughts are almost non stop for our son from self harm/ harm ocd to sexual thoughts to religious thoughts to really anything. He is 13 and hormones are going nuts now too which makes it tricky. Has anyone found that coming off the azith has helped with giving gut a chance to recover or has adding in a second abx helped or a different SSRI? It is confusing when you are getting two conflicting views from docs.