ACN Latitudes Forums

Cryptic Tonsils

lfran

I seem to recall that a lot of people have posted that when their kid's tonsils are removed, the ENTs say something like, "Wow, these are the most cryptic tonsils I've ever seen!"

My question: does cryptic always seem to indicate bacteria and infection? I myself have very cryptic tonsils, but I have had them cultured (and have even had the tonsil stones cultured -- I know, TMI -- sorry!) and they don't show strep or other pathogens.

Just wondering about this. Thanks.

Cryptic tonsils means there are pockets and wrinkles in the tissue that can collect food particles, bacteria, and puss. Yes, lovely, I know. They can cause all sorts of problems including bad breath, breeding if bacteria, and difficulty irradicating infection. Some people naturally have wrinkly tissue on their tonsils causing this condition while others have has trauma from infection causing pock marks similar to scar tissue left after sever acne on the face. In that case, its evidence that the patient has had chronic and severe tonsilitis.

hmmmm....learned something new today! Nobody mentioned those exact words to me regarding my ds's recent tonsillectomy, but he has had a history of bad breath, which according to a google search, talked about causing bad breath. It will be interesting to see if we have distinguished his bad breath with surgery...although, getting rid of just plain old bacterial infested tonsils might do the trick as well!

Edited by qannie47