ACN Latitudes Forums

HPV Vaccine?

Would not do that in any child, PANDAS or not. If my memory serves me, this vaccine has not been tested in children under the age of 16 or 17 and has not been tested for effectiveness in males. Recent discussion of this particular vaccine reveals that it's unknown how long the effects will last and giving it to young kids may very well mean they would be unprotected during the years they'd be most likely to contract HPV. How ingenious of the manufacturers so that a young adult would then need to vax again and line the pockets of the company. This is a 3 vax protocol. Boys are not at risk of dying of cervical cancer from HPV. In the Western world, neither are women.

I will be upfront and say this is a vax my son will take a pass on. I'm not willing to risk exacerbation vs the risks of not being protected against HPV. Wouldn't let a daughter have it either.

HPV vaccine was "mandatory" in my state until a few very serious side effects occurred (from death to paralysis to autoimmune disorders to very minor reactions). My state recanted the mandate within a year I believe most likely because they could not afford to be listed as defendants in the ensuing lawsuits.

Here is a google search for HPV vaccine risks, and the one from web md seems well balanced in its pros and cons at a glance:

https://www.google.com/#q=hpv+vaccine+risks

Personally, my kiddo will not be getting it mainly because her immune system is a mess still from vaccines she received up to the age of one (eleven years ago :( ). Her immuno has stated no more vaccines for now since her titers are all very high and she is being medicated to lower some of them.

Edited by mayzoo

We have chosen not to give it to our boys. I have an 11 and 14 year old boys. Neither have pandas. I'm not one to normally pass on vaccines for healthy children, but I see no need for this one. I personally don't buy all the hype that this vaccine is killing kids (couldn't help but see it all over Facebook) but this one doesn't seen to have much purpose for our boys.

I am generally one of the few voices here that are pro vaccine, however I would NEVER allow my girls to get the HPV vaccine. I have actually read through the vaccine reporting data (VAERS) that is publicly available to use in coming to my personal views on vaccines. HPV vaccine was directly and immediately linked to serious reactions and death in the doctor's office immediately following the vaccine. I did not find this in my review for any vaccine except HPV. (outside of a rare allergic reaction). IMO also it's far better to encourage condom use to prevent STD's, I feel like this encourages risky behaviors.

The HPV is one vaccine that I would not consider. My daughter actually researched this one herself for a college class, and she shared the info with my husband (who is pro-vaccine, and actually gives flu shots) - and after he read about it, he was against her having it. This is highly unusual for him!

Suzy Cohen is a pharmacist of 22 years, and she has a good article on why she wouldn't have her girls get it:

http://www.dearpharmacist.com/2009/03/31/gardasil-vaccination-big-decision-for-your-little-girl/

My gut feeling is vaccines are suppose to turn on the immune system to make antibodies so you don't contract the illness at a future exposure. Our kids immune systems are dysfunctional. Any time you turn it on you will risk " Friendly Fire" on brain tissues.

I met a mom at a conference who did IVIG and her daughter was at baseline till she gave her a vaccination. She was back to square one again.

I read that New York and other states are enforcing mandatory vaccines. This makes me crazy if we are to lose this right. If others are vaccinated there should pose no risk except for those of us who say no. A pregnant nurse in NY lost her job for not getting the flu vaccine!

At Cal Tech the Dr who wrote the book, " Infectious behavior" said that mouse studies show immune activation during pregnancy may cause Autism, schizophrenia etc. Isn't a vaccine immune activation?

The only year I am my DS got the flu shot I got the flu and 4 days later he got PANDAS

Sorry for the rant but if I could turn back the hands of time ...

This is the last vaccine I would ever consider giving any child, let alone one with an immune disorder. Back when I was still fully vaccinating my children I declined this one, as it was poorly studied and fast tracked through FDA approval...a big red flag to me. My instincts were spot on...the same CDC director who pushed the vaccine through for quick approval left the CDC and was rewarded for her efforts with a lucrative job as head of vaccine division at Merck, Dr Gerberding. How is this even legal?

And now with untold amount of adverse events being reported it's become clear this vaccine wasn't studied adequately for safety...I would steer clear. It's efficacy has also been exaggerated. I would make sure my daughter gets annual Pap smears instead.

Edited by chrissyd

• 2 weeks later...

A friend's daughter became very ill a week after getting the second dose of this vaccine. She developed an auto immune condition that is attacking her kidneys and she is now on dialysis three times a week. The doctors say the auto immune condition has nothing to do with the vaccine (that she got the week before she got so sick) and they want to give her a chemo drug to fix the problem. They have already given her steroids. Do any of you have any advice for her. She is in Northern California and has not yet seen an integrative doctor but plans to. In particular there must be things that can calm the immune system instead of chemo. Some of you are experts on auto immunity and I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Patty