ACN Latitudes Forums

magnesium adult dose

deagar

I am having a difficult time finding "inner peace" etc. with my son's tics. I am trying a lot of things like counseling, mindful meditation class and stress reduction class. I am on a good multi vitamin that has 300 mg. of magnesium and was wondering if I can take an additional dose or so of magnesium to help myself relax and if so, how many mg. would be suggested? I currently give my 8 years old son 300mg. of chelated magnesium so I am assuming that I could probably add additional magnesium to my current multi-vitamin but don't know how much. Thanks!

Deagar,

I take 750 mg of magnesium because I'm doing chelation therapy. Before I started doing chelation therapy I was taking 500 mg of magnesium. Make sure you also take the correct amount of calcium with the magnesium.

Carolyn

hi Deanna

I take a calcium/magnesium/zinc combo at 1000:500:50

Remember too to avoid magnesium oxide as it is poorly absorbed and therefore packs less of a magnesium punch than the other forms of magnesium

Have you tried the Bach's Rescue Remedy (available at health stores) it is remarkable how a few drops under the tongue of this homeopathic flower remedy can be so effective in calming one!

I feel like I have had success with "Natural Calm", our 8 year old son is taking the "Natural Calm for Kids" and seems to be doing very well. I am the one that needs help! He has been mostly tic free for over two months now. Just wish I knew what caused it all. We just had him to a Alergist last week and he was alergic to virtually nothing. Anyways, try Natural Calm for adults, I think it is great.

Lenny

Is magnesium chelate or magnesium citrate better to use? I thought I read the chelate version was best but I noticed that the natural calm is in citrate form.

Question about Bach's Rescue Calm - Can you take this on a regular basis meaning daily and for months like a supplement/vitamin? Thanks!

deanna

yes the Bach's is fine for everyday use

the magnesium I use is a combination of gluconate and citrate

citrate tends to have a more laxative effect

I have been told that magnesium lactate is excellent but havent been able to find a source yet