ACN Latitudes Forums

Cefdinir...How long does it take to start working?

Hi I am new to this site but have been reading some of the interesting posts

I have a son that is 3 that is on Cefdinir for suspected PANDAS

He was on a 10 day round of Fluconizole followed by Nystatin

He has no sugar in his diet, No Gluten, No Casien and very little carbohydrates,,, basically the specific Carbohydrate diet

How long would it take for us to know if this is the path for us, How long would it take to see changes with Cefdinir, Day? Weeks?

Does anyone on here remember the time frame it took to see that the antibiotic was working?

We are working with a DAN? Immunology Dr. that specializes in Autism & PANS & PANDAS He is a well respected Doctor who is in California

I am just watch my son all the time since he started taking it, looking for changes.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi -- FWIW -- when our son was suspected of Pandas in nov 2012, our ped prescribed a month of augmentin. She followed up with a 10 day run of cefindir. It was with the cefindir that we suddenly started getting reports that our son was back and we considered that our magic medicine.

Unfortunately our doctor took our son off the cefindir after the 10 days (we didnt know another about PANDAS then) and he got sick again in March 2013. After a few months of various treatments, we tried cefindir again but it really wasn't effective...

Hello Hrosenkrantz:

Thank you for your reply. Its good to know that it at one time worked.

Did you find another treatment after that ended up being effective?

Yesterday was day 4 on Cefdinir and I was noticing a regression. Staring off, rock throwing obsession full blown, not trying to communicate & talking gibberish to the light fixtures. These are things he had stopped doing after the fluconizole

I am wondering if there is a Strep Die-Off regression then maybe he will move forward once the strep is more under control?

Or if he has a Virus instead of Strep?

If you or anyone knows, Please let me know!