ACN Latitudes Forums

Azithromycin

My ds was seen by Dr. Rao the last of December. The doctor put him on Azithromycin 250mg daily, L-Carnitine. NAC, CQ10, and B-12 injections 2x weekly. My ds has been sick for at least three years. This doctor thinks my ds my have mycoplasma stuck in his cells. I was told this was the first line of treatment. The Azithromycin is a 30 day supply with 3 refills. How long should it take before I could possibly see any improvement?

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Before we had a PANDAS diagnosis my daughter had a sinus infection that lasted 6 weeks. For the last 4 she had Zithromax. I saw a dramatic decrease at the end of 4 weeks...

In mid December we were given Zithromax for Myco P. And we saw significant improvement in about 10 days. Just remember that anything small counts...

After 3 months, my son was 90% back to his old self. However, 8 months after taking the Azithromycin - he started complaining that he feels that it is damaging his heart. He feels that his heart is working too hard and that he lacks stamina. It turns out that Azithromycin has been linked to cardiac complications (google). I switched him to Augmentin and his compulsions/OCD were back within the week.Has anyone else experienced heart problems on the Zith?

My two were on Zith for 2 months. Their symptoms ramped up and we ended up switching them back to Keflex. But the docs did insist on EKG before treatment and repeated one month later. Both were fine, but we didn't use for prolonged time. DS was also on intunive at the time and I think there were indications for that as well. Blood pressure also had to be monitored.