ACN Latitudes Forums

Which food allergy test?

Spartan32

Hi, I was going to order one of the food allergy tests from directlabs.com. I noticed that there is one that is called IgG Food Antibodies IgG1 & IgG4- Serum and is $250. The description is:

The IgG antibody is related to "delayed" food reactions that exacerbate or contribute to many different health problems. The MetaMetrix IgG Food Antibody Profile measures the sum of IgG1 and IgG4 levels in serum that react to 90 different foods, including the most commonly eaten foods corn, milk, egg, and wheat. A 14-day diet plan based on the individual test results is provided with each test result.

The other food alergy test is called Delayed Food Allergy (IgG Type II). It is $546 and here is the description:

Different foods break down at different speeds, causing different toxic reactions depending on your personal body chemistry. Find out which foods are toxic to your particular system to help you be healthier and more energetic than ever before. TYPE II reactions are not immediate, making them almost impossible to detect without sophisticated testing. ImmunoLabs offers a highly sensitive food allergy test which includes a Doctor consultation. Also includes:

115 foods

List of toxic foods to avoid

List of foods to enjoy

Personalized food and meal plan

Toxic Foods Reminder card (wallet-sized laminated) to carry with you

Helpful hints for food shopping

20-30 minute Consultation with Dr. Barry Bennett, Certified Nutritional Consultant (CNC) with a PhD in clinical nutrition

I was wondering which test I should use? Thanks

Hi there, we had the first test done as the second wasn't available back then - but next time we do it I'll do the second - it sounds like it's a lot more comprehensive. If money is really tight though the first test is really good too. It really helped out my son.

Giselle

Hello Spartan,

If you (or anyone else) are still looking for a good food sensitivity test, I don't know too much about the ones you mention, but we did the Alcat test. You can do a search on it. It was, I believe $450.00 and tested for 150 foods. It is through a blood test and they can send you the test and you can go to a lab for the blood draw or do it through a naturopath as we did. I think its worth doing the test with the most foods tested. The website gives all the information and directions.

I am glad we did it as I was guessing at so many things, and this provided us with a better direction. I don't know if it is 100% accurate, but I think about 80% they say, however, I think it shed some light because we had already done an elimination diet and did not really uncover any answers. My son showed strong sensitivity to corn and yeast and we have been avoiding these for about 4 weeks now.

The first two weeks I didn't see any vast improvement, but started to see some after the third week. I really think avoidance of these foods (and a few others) has helped. Just my opinion, but I think it is something worth exploring.

Faith

• 10 months later...

Sage Medical Laboratory also offers a great delayed food sensativity test. It is actually the only laboratory in the United States that measures the presence of both IgG as well as immune complex reactions. After reading up about food allergies it seems as though immune complex may be the underlying cause of many chronic conditions and symptoms. Sage helped me to get completely better and was able to catch food sensativities that other laboratories did not!