ACN Latitudes Forums

Son being tested for dyslexia today

My ds8 has had some ups and downs over the past 6 months. I am having him evaluated today for dyslexia. And in my mind there is no need to have him evaluated for ADHD (as in, he can't focus or remember to save his life and is constantly interrupting, etc)

Wondering if you have seen a fairly swift improvement in dyslexic and/or ADHD behaviors with treatment for lyme/babesia/Bart

I am sure that he got all of this in utero as his siblings, dad and I are all positive for lyme. And he started out coloring upside down and looking at books that way. It hasn't been a sudden onset of this type of behavior (irritability and aggression, yes).

He has the mthfr c677 (Hetero) mutation, so I know that helping detox has to come into play for him. He is on a small dose of methyl folate now in addition to some other things. Yesterday we tried him on vyvanse (for adhd). And he was a lot better.

So I'm asking this because I hate those meds, and I know there is a reason for these issues. But I don't think he, or our family (including dd11with pandas of the raging type) can handle any more chaos. Whatever I can do to bring some better, warmer feelings to our house must be done. Just wondering if this will be more or less long term.