ACN Latitudes Forums

Allergic to molds and pollons

Hedgie

In the last 4 months my son has come down with numerous motor tics that keep changing.

My son is very allergic to molds and pollens. He has been tested both rast and multi -72 ( the scratch test panel done on the back). Dr has recommended allergy shots which we have never done. This was all 2 years before he came down with his numerous tics in September( out of no where). My question.....could all the tics be somehow allergy related? If so, I am worried allergy shots ( injection therapy) will make tics worse. What about sublingual therapy...would that a safe alternative?

Very concerned to put anyhing into his body that might increase tics. The worry about the tics is destroying me

His allergy diagnosis is allergic rhinnitis, allergic sinusitus , dyspnea, pruitus

Some mornings he will sneeze 20 times in a row and then be fine.....other times like in the last 3 months very little , to none. HIs only real noticable allergy symptom is his allergy shiners( dark rings under his eyes). he has had this since he was a baby. He has had both tonsils and adenoids out. The sneezing started with the adenoid removal. It was severe right after the surgery...sneezing 100 times a day..crazy.At the time we used pantanase and in 2 months of daily use the sneezing stopped cold turkey. We have not used the med since But really all i notice now his the dark shiners( everyone comments on it) and some mornings when he'll sneeze a lot in a row.

Are allergy shots safe if you have a tic disorder ( no vocals yet...just numerous changing tics)?

Are sublingual allergy drops safe if you have a tic disorder?

Thanks for your help....feel like I'm grasping at straws.

Where do I begin modifying his diet?????? He is not allergic to wheat...so doubtful gluten free would be helpful, He is allergic to eggs so we aviod them. He is a level 3 on the prick test to corn...but corn is in everything...even toothpaste. I do my best to avoid , but not sure how to avoid corn. What type of dr. should I be seeing for his diet or to boost his immune system. He is really not a sickly child in any way. This whole motor tic thing is beyond my comprehension. I am very very scared.

It is scary and very overwhelming. We all feel your pain. Hang in there and use this forum liberslly. You will find lots of good help and support here. Gluten sensitivity is not an allergy so he does not have to test allergic to wheat in order to be Celiac or gluten sensitive. A lot of kids on here have responded positively to the removal of wheat, dairy and corn from the diet. You can Google Gluten and tics to read about the connection there and the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) is a good diet to consider. As far as doctor's/ practitioners go, look for an Environmental MD, Naturopath, or maybe a Homeopath.

Hedgie

Please pm me. My first question is how old is your son? My son at 7 and earlier but got worst with motor tics and more and when we got him tested molds and pollen were huge!! Also dog allergies were big. Never got the shots bc was afraid how it would affect his tics. They recommended allergy shots for dogs but I was so scared at the time with tics that we didn't go through it. I truly believe that allergies and tics could be intertwined as in my sons case.in the beginning in sept he would have black shiners around eyes in the fall. Another interesting point you make is my ds would sneeze every morning like 30 times. I got used to it but realized that it was not normal. One on diet change things turned around. It took a while but things got better. We took all dyes and sugars out also. Please pm me if you have questions.

Mar