ACN Latitudes Forums

Ds's says...my arms and legs keep tingling.

In response to the post regarding tremors, my dd11 started with hand shaking and a feeling of jitteriness throughout her body 3 weeks ago. She relates it to having an albuterol treatment. It has not gone away but is lessened when she is rested. Her heart rate is normal. The first dr recommended Motrin which did not help. The 2nd dr took her off bactim ( she was on for approx 8 weeks) And added valtrex. Her overall symptoms have slightly improved as she has had 3 days out of 12 in which she could get out of bed. He redid all her bloodwork, 24 hr urine and courtagen (?). Now, over the past week she is having hot flashes a few times a day which include sweating and a cold clammy feeling. She drinks a lot of water w her meds but I will try to hydrate her all day. Any suggestions? Our appt is tues to review results.

My pans Lyme dd had pins and needles tingling from Lyme/bartonella. Her limbs also would easily "fall asleep" it went away with treatment. My non pans dd had what we thought was a mosquito bite, a few weeks later a bullseye rash appeared in the exact spot. I do wonder if a mosquito transmitted her Lyme (they can carry it) or if it was a short tick bite that looked like a mosquito bite. It was a memorable bite but we never saw a tick in either case

to thesuzie, one of my DD's had a severe and I would call it life threatening reaction to Bactrim. She developed a high fever (105!), mottled skin and severe neutropenia, her ANC was so low we could not leave the house, and elevated liver enzymes. Bactrim can cause bizarre and seemingly unrelated symptoms. We saw pediatrician, Infectious disease and consulted immunologist and no one figured out it was the Bactrim until finally a cardiologist (we saw to rule out Kawasaki's) figured out it was the Bactrim, the others were unfamiliar with those side effects. I am sharing this for you to consider if Bactrim has caused those symptoms your DD is having (I know albuterol can cause hand shaking too) and to consider not using in the future.

Qannie I wish I had an answer for you but I don't. We have used combo abx and herbal remedies for about 18 months and are weaning off. Unfortunately too testing is only of mild help and must be done by a very experienced lyme literate practicioner. Fortunately for us my DD tested "CDC positive" and was diagnosed by my pediatrician, I say fortunately because many people waste years being told their tests are negative. In our case my DD had clear symptoms of Bartonella (neuropathy as you described, foot pain, psych issues, visual disturbances etc but tested negative for Bart, we treated her for it anyway) If you are up for the very detailed reading there is a new book by Richard Horowitz "Why Can't I Get Better" which discusses the testing, symptoms and cures. In many cases the co infections, which can include Mycoplasma, are more difficult to clear than Lyme. Dr Horowitz proposes a treatment model for multiply infected patients, the problem with Lyme is that it wreaks havoc on the body (chicken or the egg, or is it that people with low immunity are more prone to Lyme?) and you have to attack on multiple fronts. I recall he even discusses the O bands and spinal taps. In our case Rifampin/Zithromax and a compounded low dose Arteminisin have been most effective in clearing the Bartonella symptoms. We are hopeful that DD is mostly recovered and will need only short term treatments for flares in the future. All the best to you