ACN Latitudes Forums

Ped won't test for strep

FLmom

Can Dr. M suggest a doctor in your area that would be more open to running tests for you? If you have to jump through hoops every time you need a test of some sort, it's going to become tiresome.

I tried to get testing run in Canada and the only doctor open to it was at a walk-in clinic. And he said he would only do it if I gave him our LLMD's notes. When I had finally gotten the notes to him he said he was sorry, but he couldn't read them. He ran some tests anyway, but would never do it again. He said if he wasn't involved in the diagnosis, he didn't want to be responsible for requisitioning multiple tests that might be questioned by someone else.

You need to be working with someone who is informed about PANS/PANDAS and is willing to help. Don't waste your time trying to educate the close-minded. Your time is precious.

While its great that you feel you've made progress, I think its ridiculous that he won't order tests without another doctors request. Ruling out a strep infection is a primary care doctors job and he should not need a note from a psychiatrist or some other provider. I would be looking elsewhere.

I'll wait on the online strep since it looks like she will run them once she gets notes from Dr. M. That way they can be cultured. I went myself to a walk-in clinic yesterday, and my rapid was negative. Doctor said I should hear this afternoon about the culture (didn't know it was that fast)