ACN Latitudes Forums

adrenaline overload/surges

Has anyones child experienced severe adrenaline overload/surges. My son is jacked on adrenaline 24x7 with severe surges about every three hours, he turns beet red, heart goes crazy/pulse super fast, blood pressure up, headache, sweating hands/feet and it can spike into panic attack and rage and he just cries miserably. Trying to find a doctor to rule out pheocromacytoma/adrenal tumor or I read this can happen with infections and also he is on prednisolone for adrenal insuff and it can turn off the adrenals and cause constant adrenaline surges, anyone know of a good endo or alt doctor in California... it is so severe that he literally cant stop moving and runs like a lunatic from one end of the house to the other day and night. cant sleep/function at all.

deborah

My daughter had the rapid heart beat/headache/hand tremors/fear thing happen a few weeks ago and about 2 months ago. We increased hydration and symptoms greatly subsided except for the one episode earlier this month. (My DD is not Pandas). She tested deficient in phosphatidylcholine over the summer and I kinda ignored it, focused on other things. Her cortisol test at the same time came back slightly abnormal. My amazon order of phosphatidylcholine was due to arrive today but didn't. Hoping this helps, since not even our integrative, awesomely helpful LLMD is well versed in this area. Finding any other doctor who'd bother to dig into seems impossible. So you're not the one who feels alone on this.

Can you discuss with the Dr who's prescribing the prednisolone and see if lowering the dose helps, to re-start the adrenals?

I wouldn't wait to find a special doctor. If its as bad as you say I would be concerned about putting strain on the heart. Have you taken him to his pedi? How is his heart rate and blood pressure? Is he on any other meds? Prednisone can make these symptoms worse. Did it get worse after adding? Has he had a full blood workup? I would take him to a trusted doctor ASAP and not be fishing around for a new one as it could take a while to get in.

How is he sleeping?