ACN Latitudes Forums

Constipation - Is this weird or what?

Ok. Massive constipation over here. I have tried everyones suggestions and even the strongest stuff does not make her go, but guess what does? If I start and stop probiotics, she will poop. Its like a years worth that is released. (sorry gross) but it is not the probiotic that constipates her because if I stop giving it, she continues to get constipated. What makes her poop, is stopping and starting it. I can't do this all the time though cause when I stop and start things she gets too aggressive. Why would this be happening. Sounds like something really wrong with her gut, right?

Would it be possible to try cutting certain foods from her diet to see if that helps? I had round the clock headaches years ago, and after a number of tests (MRI, allergy, etc) no doctor could tell me what was going on. I finally did a trial gluten-free diet and the headaches disappeared. To my surprise, it also cleared up constipation. For me it only took 3 days off gluten to see the difference, but for some it can take longer.

Food sensitivities can definitely cause constipation. If this is the case for her, then she may have "leaky gut" which can impede her healing.

The 3 biggest offenders are usually gluten, casein/dairy and soy.

She has just started with this eating disorder thing and has been living on apples and nutella and its all she eats. She is stuck on feeling like she is fat, and she is stick thin. I remember years ago, trying a houston enzyme and it made her poop. I think it was Houston enzyme. I will have to try it again.

Edited by trintiybella

with my ds I went through all those same products...what I realized was that it was the gas that was created from the constipation that ended up being the real problem. The gas air bubbles are painful when pushing when eliminating. I give him gas X melts and he goes immediately....they pop the bubbles and it is easier to eliminate.

I'm sure my son was born constipated. We use a bowel and liver tonic that his naturopath has made up for us. He gets 1ml a day in juice with his other supplements. Now he goes daily and since we have started working on his gut and bowel issues, it is having a very positive effect on reducing his tics. The brain gut connection I guess.

Ok. Massive constipation over here. I have tried everyones suggestions and even the strongest stuff does not make her go, but guess what does? If I start and stop probiotics, she will poop. Its like a years worth that is released. (sorry gross) but it is not the probiotic that constipates her because if I stop giving it, she continues to get constipated. What makes her poop, is stopping and starting it. I can't do this all the time though cause when I stop and start things she gets too aggressive. Why would this be happening. Sounds like something really wrong with her gut, right?

I notice I have to rotate probiotics on my youngest we can't use the same strain everyday. We alternate between culturelle with half sach b on one day and then abx support on another day which has 4 strains. This keeps him going and occasionnally have to add in miralax or oxypowde but never both.

Yes, first thing we did was go down allergy/food sensitivity road. Fiengold diet, cave man diet, just turkey, pears rice and lettuce diet. Saw no difference but we still try to keep gluten and dairy out! All she eats lately is apples and sliced turkey. She thinks she's fat and she's trying to get something called a "thigh gap". Have you heard of "it"?

We' be had this issue quite a bit--even to the point of er visits and a couple of hospital admissions. I think yeast has been a big player for us---maybe you could Ty something g to kill yeast as well as putting the good bacteria back. We have used nystatin and diflucan with good success, but I understand that grapefruit seed extract works really well to kill yeast--we ha used it for something else.

I think another big player related to constipation in our family has also been parasites. My daughter took para-a for a while....I'm not certain that I have the best anti-parasitic protocol down, but I do think this has been/possibly continues to be a big issue for us.

Good luck

I don't have any experience with that med. I read a little about it on the web just now, but with no experience of my own? I know that Diflucan is one of the big kickers for yeast in terms of Rx meds. But it can be hard on the liver, so it's a good idea to use milk thistle or some other liver support at the same time.

Also, I often use 2 stool softeners in the a.m, 1 in the pm for my kids and at the same time, I give them up to 1000 mg mag citrate a.m and p.m. So maybe you could try increasing your mag a little and adding a stool softener or two.

Good luck!