ACN Latitudes Forums

Real Time Laboratories Microtoxin Panel for Mold

My son's doctor recently ordered this test which is very expensive. I was wondering if it is necessary since my son had the Shoemaker mold panel run two years ago. He also recently had the C3a and C4a rerun and both came back in the normal range.

Here are my son's results from his Shoemaker panel run two years ago:

1. C4a -- Jewish Health 8371 (reference range: 0-2830)

2. C3a -- Jewish Health 240 (reference range: 0-940)

3. HLA DR -- Gene 1: (07, 02, -, 53, -) "mold susceptible"

Gene 2: (08, 04, - , - , -) "no recognized significance"

4. MMP-9 219 (reference range: <984)

5. ACTH 80.1 (reference range: 7.2-63.3)

6. MSH 62 (reference range: 0-40)

7. Cortisol, AM 25.7 (reference range: 3.0-22.0)

8. DHEA Sulfate 201 (reference range: 38-340)

8. VIP 56.2 (reference range: 0-58.8)

9. VEGF 55 (reference range: 31-86)

10. CRP 0.2 (reference range: 0.0-4.9)

11. Celiac workup negative

12. Anti-cardiolip. antibody negative

13. MTHFR single mutation, C677T

14. VCS normal (done on-line)

15. TGF-B1 3300 (reference range: 344-2382)

Thanks!

We've been through the mold nightmare, but I'm not familiar with that panel. I will tell you that our LLMD/DAN doc told me that all of his mold patients test over 10,000 on the C4A. His Lyme-only patients may be high, but are always under 10,000. My son and I were about 18,000 and 25,000 respectively, and we have both benefited from mold treatment, so it held true in our case.

That said, I think it's worth one more look, because mold is 1) practically everywhere, 2) so insidious, and 3) will hold you back on recovery.

Edited by mama2alex

I would like to know how they treat it too. Our whole nightmare started from mold. Didn't put it together till a year after first pandas episode. Now realized they were linked because at the same time the tubes in his ears collapsed (and he was 5) and we had Asthma too. That's gone fortunately. Mold is as controversial as Pandas and Lyme. Guess our family likes to be out of the box!

I will tell you that our LLMD/DAN doc told me that all of his mold patients test over 10,000 on the C4A. His Lyme-only patients may be high, but are always under 10,000.

Thank you for your reply. Did your C4a come down with mold treatment? As I mentioned, my son's is now normal. I am going to mention this at my next appointment and see if possibly for now we should not do this test. I'm not sure the doctor realized my son's c4a is now normal.

The test is $699 and hits the out-of-network deductible, so basically we would pay it all ourselves. The test, however, does seem to be a very good one from what I've read on the internet . Maybe it is more conclusive than the Shoemaker panel. If it wasn't so expensive, I would have it run, especially since it is only a urine test.