ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyones child complain of depression while on Antibiotics?

I have found sadness and emotional lability to increase with die-off induced herxing. Although for DD these reactions didn't last long (several days only) decreasing dosages and pulsing abx helped with the heavier abx. We increased detoxing by using psyllium to increase BMs, used epsom salt baths/magnesium supplements, water with lemon juice.

Edited by rowingmom

My kiddo does have periods of depression but he is on long term abx so I can't really decipher the cause. In fact, I can't find a cause at all other than the PANDAS symptoms tend to cycle up and down in his case. I suppose If I suspected the abx were causing emotional symptoms I would ask my dr if we could try a different one. What is the bacteria you are treating for? Only certain a bacteria cause a doe off affect. Strep isn't one of them. There are a lot of people on this forum that are experts in that area and could help you find ways to support him if that were the case. I just wonder if the depression isn't just the result of a all of the symptoms of pandas. I know it depresses me!

My son also is/has been on LT ABX, and suffers from constant dark depression. But he's been completely cut off from his life for 2 years since the PANDAS bomb dropped, I'm bummed out too, who wouldn't be?

It began with his first trial on Zoloft (wasn't Rx'd for depression) and at same time he did a steroid burst...all went down hill from there. Our only positive results have been from Ibuprofen 600mg 3x day....and very very small impact atmthat. All SSRIs hes tried only escalate and increase his darkness. Start low and go slow are wise words.