ACN Latitudes Forums

warning:vent! Horrified by school!

JoyBop

As a parent who has fought your fight, I want to say that not all advocates are created equal. In hindsight, I wish I had interviewed our first advocate. She didn't have enough medical experience to advocate for my sick child. I fired her and our second one did better. It took over two years to get an IEP. It made all the difference in the world. Couldn't believe the energy it took to get my son help. So many promises made by the district. I should have gotten more things in writing.

Good luck!

Wow. Thanks for hat insight. See my newest post, when the current school system isn't working. I've already come to the conclusion that in not going to fight that fight. They have one chance. Our meeting is now pushed off to the first week in Feb. Our dr is going to be there. She's the one who diagnosed him, she'll be observing him on wed,, and she's going to tell them what he needs. If they don't agree or deliver I'm out of there. Either home/hospital school if we can, or a small private school if they'll have us. In a worst case scenario, I'll home school him until middle school. He's already in the charter middle school die to sibling law and and they are amazingly helpful. I have a child on an IEP there and they call me asking how they can better serve us. I've decided its not worth him suffering and me seethinfn. But I'll give it a chance and see where it goes.

Insincerely Hope that your child is doing well and now in track! You deserve a medal for all you went through. Thanks for sharing your experience.