ACN Latitudes Forums

Sniffling & Coughing

T_Anna

What do I do, DS was complaining last night about not feeling well. He is sniffling and coughing a bit. He complained that he is having a hard time focusing.

He started prednisone yesterday and before that he missed taking his pills 4 times between Sunday night and Tuesday morning because if OCD.

He was very chatty and honest about how he was feeling, but I'm concerned that he "caught" something from his siblings.

He is currently taking Augmentin, Valtrex, & Minocycline.

T.Anna

Stay the course. Our children still have to deal with the infections that make the rounds at this time of year. If you chart you will probably see flares with infections that pass through the family, but DD always managed to come out the other side and get back to her before-flu baseline.

If you change your protocol now you won't be able to tell the effects of the cold/flu from the effects of protocol change.

After everything our kids, and us as their parents, have been through it's SO easy to press the panic button. It's still happening for me - every little cough, ache - I always think the worst. I often wonder if those horrible, panicky feelings will ever go away.

One thing we have done differently this year is nebulize each child with hydrogen peroxide every third day. The mix we use is .5 ML food grade hydrogen with 5 ML distilled water. Initially, we did see an increase in mood liability on the days a specific child was nebulizer. However, no one has gotten sick this year in our family, not even with a cold. It is something you might want to consider for your son especially when others are sick in the household. There is plenty of information on-line about hydrogen therapies.